Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker (yes i know its been asked alot)

mikedbrionne

Jan 12, 2006
Visit site
well i havent found my cocker hard to maintain in the slightest. and its v robust. but again wether an angel is easy to maintain or not, i still dont think it is ideal for him. personally i dont know a site that will let you use it on a rec day. and also like ppl said further up the post, his paint bill is going to increase 3 fold. he may aswel buy a cheaper mech gun and keep his paint bill down. you dont need an electro on tourney anyway.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Originally posted by mikedbrionne
well i havent found my cocker hard to maintain in the slightest. and its v robust. but again wether an angel is easy to maintain or not, i still dont think it is ideal for him. personally i dont know a site that will let you use it on a rec day. and also like ppl said further up the post, his paint bill is going to increase 3 fold. he may aswel buy a cheaper mech gun and keep his paint bill down. you dont need an electro on tourney anyway.
I've currently got an Angel A4 and a Prostock 2004 Mech Autococker, and while I dont find either of them a particular hassle in looking after. The Angel is the easiest of the two to maintain.

The site's around here and the one that I work at wouldn't allow you to use an Angel on a normal customer day. But, neither would we allow you to use an Autococker.

It all comes down to personal preference anyway. I think a mech cocker or a low end Angel would serve well for a walk on at a woodland site. There are pro's and con's to both but ultimiately it comes down to personal preference.

But, I am guessing by your comment about Angel's being hard to maintain, means you have probably never owned one. And would think it a shame if somoene was put off by this fact then a few months down the line tried using one and thought "damn, wish I'd got this in the first place".

mikedbrionne

Jan 12, 2006
Visit site
Originally posted by AndyDane
But, I am guessing by your comment about Angel's being hard to maintain, means you have probably never owned one. And would think it a shame if somoene was put off by this fact then a few months down the line tried using one and thought "damn, wish I'd got this in the first place".
this is very true mate, all i know about angels is what ive heard from friends. so i could be completely wrong. and i think your right about it being personal preference.

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
OK, now I have an Ion ;) Its damn cool. You don't seem to have to do anything to look after em, not even lubing the internals (in fact it says not to in the manual) just keep them and their eyes clean. plus, if you bust it you can probably replace it for the price of another decent electro!

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by scoobytgi
You don't seem to have to do anything to look after em, not even lubing the internals !
wrong

youll find out why thats wrong soon
when the thing pisses air down the barrel
and your gun starts shooting like crap

majic

Jan 25, 2006
Nottingham
Visit site
For a beginer I would recomend the Tippman A5 they are robust accurate and you dont need a box of 9v batterys as they are cyclone feeded (GAS RAM FORCE FEED HOPPER)they dont need £50 spending on a electric hopper to make them shoot well they dont jam they are easy to up grade parts are plentifull and they have a good fire rate.The barrels on them as standard are very good and they only take 60 seconds to strip and rebuild with no tools.

Spiders are ok but do wear parts out quickly and the standard barrels are ally only no teflon coating so they wear badly.the newer spiders are alot better if you go with on get it with the ACS (anti chop bolt)fitted.

Other alternatives are the ION.

The diablo Wrath (fast) parts are a bit of a pain to get but are nice to use and dont fall apart (ion)also have eyes so they dont jam
OR the Inferno T3 just fit a revi hopper and a none standard barrel they are made in England most sites have parts and they are so easy to maintain that most sites use them a little oil and it will just keep on going there made by arrow precision in aldershot so no waiting months for spares.

Dec 13, 2005
Bristol
Hi matt90 i would Recommend a second hand ion as you can pick these guns up for about £130 or unless you want spend about £300 and i would buy shocker m8 these are Brilliant guns as i used my friend last sunday and i was really ripping the **** out of the egos and Angel.

x-man

Jan 20, 2003
Nottingham
Visit site
Hi

hello m8

ive got a Limited Edition Black Jack Nexus e-balde E1 with all nexus parts, Comes with a Samari Trigger which rocks on any e-balde, with on/off drop forward
The Ion is a good marker as i have 1, but prefer to use the e-blade as its more accurate and will fire anything u pur through it, the Ion can be fussy with paint and will smeg yr barrell frequently However, speaking from experience they can be a little troublesome with minor air leaks and the feed neck is a bit iffy
Most people have the Ion orriginally for playing the PA as they have a ramping set onto the board, u can change it depending on what torni yr playing in.

Im looking to sell my e-balde for £350 if yr interested

i have some pics i can e-mail u if yr interested, just mail me back

take care

paul aka DW

Samsta

As Others Withdraw, We Push On.
Sep 6, 2005
N.Yorks
Wrath13 said:
for the £400 for the up'd ion you could get an ego Just pointing out for the money you could get a better gun as even for £400
Yup must agree i bought a near enough NEW 05 Ego had about 2 cases through it by the time it got to me....