Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker?

Tinks

Feb 20, 2004
my first marker was a spyder...and i did not get on with it...:D crazy piece of metel that it was :p

P

Paintball Paladin

My m8's had about 19 spyders (not really just four) ranging from th xtra up to the electra. Each time he uses them he decide to sell them. Get yourself a tippmann. 98 customs go for about 140 new with a co2 bottle.

That was my first marker. It got me up and running, is excellent for wood ball and as reliable as hell. Dont need to worry about chops cause these tings just keep firing. Easy to strip and clean a doddle to maintain. Cripes you could run over it in your car and it would still work.

0 factor on the bling front but is cheapish to upgrade as you get better.

Your choice at the end of the day

:D

enjoy

stuezx10

May 18, 2004
telford
www.zx10.me.uk
i have a Spyder Xtra which have found it ok only used for rec ball so far it as done ok by me the only thing i have changed is the barrel to a 14" smartparts one
i will be useing it this weekend at uttoxter( koth) i will trying air on it i will let you know how it does
;)

P

Paintball Paladin

yeah I'd go for the angel also, but for 140 you've got all you need with the Tippmann. Hopper (all beit gravity fed, Co2 etc etc.) Its ready to go as soon as you take it home.

If he bought the LED, to my knowledge(and I may be wrong) he's still got to buy, hopper, air, power line, fittings, drop forward etc etc

No point in having a machine you cant use. especially if cash is short and he's looking only to play rec ball

nuff said:D

At the end of the day its his choice just my duty to let him know whats about.

psycho

Baggin ain't easy!
Apr 2, 2003
Stoneys Basement
money money money

Best advice I can give is try push the boat as much as you can, spendin that little bit more now only saves in the long run cos u soon find yourself wantin more....:p

Noza

Jan 26, 2004
Birmingham
true ther m8 but id go with the tippy to get it all set up and stuff and thn few months later go for a uper market marker ,

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
PP...If I've sold them then I'm going to have to be kicking yo ass with an invisible gat mate :p

Spyders are...erm...quirky....i've got a perfect set-up on what is a ******* hybrid of a Sonix, Xtra and Electra gripframe with a turbulence bolt, this thing is accurate and fast!....but i've had to take it all apart 'cos it's a left hand powerfeed and i'm...erm...left-handed...how sucky is that? Tried a warpfeed but the fittings on the Spyder just make it look awkward and I couldn't get to grips with setting the vibration sensor...as you can tell from the above, the Spyders take a bit of fettling to set-up a sweet paint-spewer

(And my three Spyders aren't gone yet....even when I've got my Omen I'll be keeping a mech Spyder as a recball backup)

Anyway I digress, £150 will buy you a top of the range 2nd hand spyder, possibly with hopper and Co2 (air if you're very lucky)...either the AMG, e-99 or the Imagine are achievable with that cash and you wont be disappointed, it's a good recball marker and has MUCH more bling than the Tippman.

From reading reviews and peoples opinions it seems the Excellerator has a bad rep, and while Spyders are occasionally cursed, most Spyder owners love 'em to bits, or take 'em to bits at least! And build something new from the ground up...there are sooo many mods you can do to a Spyder...cheaply, and that's quite a draw for me!

If you can get an Angel, properly set-up at that price though, I say go for it!

Ghost Stalker

Apr 26, 2003
Birmingham
www.tactcal-ops.de
the LED comes with the micro line i think. Hopper and air it doesnt, but you could pick yourself up a preset for 65ish then a revvy off here for 20/25ish. Spyders are alrite but for the money you spend on upgrading them you couldve got yourself a second hand angel LED/LCD......or are there any V6's around?