Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker

O.J.

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
Frist Marker

You guys are all talking about getting automags as first guns and all that. That doesn't really effect how good you are. It makes you no better. I could be playing with someone on team Dynasty and be using a Angel LCD and and the person on team Dynasty could be using a pump but I'm still gunna loose. I hope you know all you need as a first gun is something cheap relieable and best not to be a pump. Thats all you need.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Yes we are talking about getting an automag as a first marker, and why not.

So you buy yourself a starter gun (inferno, spyder etc...) You go to a site get real into playing and want to play more.

You join a team play some small tourneys and after a while your marker just doesn't stand up to what you are trying to do.

Yes its true the Team XXX could be playing pump and you may have an angel and they'd win because of technique but you are putting it the other way round, Team XXX have angels and you have a pump. Really changes the odds round. If you know you want to play tourneys and don't have too much cash then why not extend yourself at the beggining while you can (you have your lump sum of £350)

Look on the forums and pick up a decent second hand marker that will do for Rec or starter tourney ball.

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
Frist Marker

Buy what marker you like. i personally like automags and the AGD family and i know people who happily use them as starter markers. but this doesn't mean there right for you.
i say try before you buy and take what people say here with a pinch if salt. you might have the best marker ever but someone here won't like it.....who cares its your gun and not theirs as long as your happy thats the main thing.
personally i didn't bother with a tippmann or other starter marker coz i didn't see the point in buying a marker i can use at any site on a regular punter day. so i brought a second hand marker with a few extra barrels and spares. prob cost me a similar price but in my view i got a better marker for the money which I like and that i won't want to upgrade in a hurry.

tb-303

pupster01

www.Teamapoc.co.uk
Nov 13, 2001
Watford
teamapoc.co.uk
Originally posted by Bluefrog
I'm looking to buy a decent marker for both tournament and recreational use. But it has to be reasonably cheap.... not like Angel prices. And does anyone know any British/European online paintball stores that i could but it off??

Thanx
BF:p
if your anywhere near maidenhead come down to the academy day ask arroung and try a few markers. It also i good chance to see if you really want to do torney without paying for the kit!!!!