Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
I never said it screws up marker internals in general. I just said that it can screw up the Ions internals. A HP or LP bottle will be much kinder to the internals such as the orings.
Wasn't a dig at you mate, not the way I work.

Was just explaining what I thought :)

Most of the o-rings used are used in the aerospace industry and often reach temps below zero.

Sorry if you think it was directed at you.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Wasn't a dig at you mate, not the way I work.

Was just explaining what I thought :)

Most of the o-rings used are used in the aerospace industry and often reach temps below zero.

Sorry if you think it was directed at you.
They do tend to fit them properly in the Aerospace industry though, don't they...rather than just plonk them in and let friction to all the work!:D

TimDC

Fatbob's Fusion
Sep 7, 2007
Loughborough and York
Was contemplating getting new (especially the HPA bottle)

was thinking of spending about £300 for Marker, HPA and Hopper

thinking HPA 4500psi 1.1L £130

but i'm open to suggestions :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Well. Hoppers are fairly expensive.

You could get an 05 Ego for £220 (one guy is desperate to sell on Classifides) and a 1.1 HPA 4500 preset for £65-80.

So thats £300 then just get a better hopper in a while.

Probably get an Egg for about £20.

Halo's are around £50-£60

Or...maybe a DM5 or 4 (very good gat's) for £140-£200

It is really unwise to buy new, when you first start out, especially if you are on a budget..if you aren't, you would just buy a better kit to start with.

If you bite the bullet, and get a decent gat and air system first, you won't be bitching about the Ion and 3000psi steel tank in your cupboard that you cant sell for half what you paid for it 3 months ago, which you don't use because you have a Ego, Dm, SHocker, Angel etc:D

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
They do tend to fit them properly in the Aerospace industry though, don't they...rather than just plonk them in and let friction to all the work!:D
True, the guy who trains us at work jumps 3 feet in the air whenever we don't put them on properly in the wings :cool:

But yeah, try any marker before you buy it, I would get an ego as they are reliable and can hold their own against any marker out there.

Hopper-wise get something like an egg, hrd wearing relaible and cheap :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
True, the guy who trains us at work jumps 3 feet in the air whenever we don't put them on properly in the wings :cool:

But yeah, try any marker before you buy it, I would get an ego as they are reliable and can hold their own against any marker out there.

Hopper-wise get something like an egg, hrd wearing relaible and cheap :)
Ego's can..."Hold their own"?:confused:

I hardly think an Ego, holds it's own. An Ion holds it's own, a PMR hold's it's own...christ, a tricked up Spyder holds it's own.

An Ego holds it's, protects yours and rips off everyone elses mate..blimey, way to undersell a legend!:rolleyes:

brains999888

Hmmmmm
Aug 17, 2007
bacton, norfolk
ego

i agree but the more student freindly option would be to have a pmr, more dosh freindly yet still decent enough.

but yeah the ego would be on my list!!!

my advice would be to back up what everyone else has said though and try as many markers at training feilds and wlk ons as possible. most people will let you have a hold or a game. but youll soon develop a feel for what you like. i chose the ion because its full of plastic so it can take quite a hard knock. (i hope).

anyway egos a good choice, so is the pmr and the ion is pretty much perfect for a starter marker.

but then your probbly not a student so the top part oges out of the window.

good luck with paintball though. if you anything like me youll love it.

TimDC

Fatbob's Fusion
Sep 7, 2007
Loughborough and York
How easy is it to maintain/upgrade ego's (ego 05)?

Also how robust are they?

Cheers, Tim

p.s. Brains, i am a student ;) Hopefully going to be resurrecting the York Uni paintball club to :D