Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First proper gun

Sep 15, 2014
If you are looking for speedball marker i would look for a second hand one, because as a newbie myself i dont want to spend more than 250 pounds and then break it while training, for example im looking forward to buying geo 2.1 and then probably change the bolt to 3.1, however etek, ego are good markers as well. Put a priority of comfort first, i mentioned markers that my hands love, i dont like DM's because they are giants and really expensive too

Brownie

smile and wait for flash
Jul 31, 2014
High peak
Gog enmey is a good starter. A lot may say otherwise but there a good little gun for next to nothing. But I would try as many as possible before you buy (if your able to that is)

Buffers

The Buff Paintballer
Jan 10, 2015
I have ALWAYS found PE to be superb for reliability and for price (dont buy new) I would suggest get a geo 2.1 or above or an ego 9 or above.

My first marker was an angel A7 Fly that didnt work. i paid £120 and sold it for £50 within a month or two. and then the person who baught it magnetised it and somehow put £200 into fixing it. (#CouldHaveGotABetterMarker)

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
Mine's was a second hand BT Ironhorse. What a marker for £120! Bash it, beat it, drop it in water and it'll still fire.

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
But the question raised is not easily answered, it does really depend on what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend.
My first marker i wasn't really willing to go above £150 and i wanted Milsim. Had no idea about internals/quality etc.

Best thing is to note down what are you looking for (style, quality) and how much you can afford. If you don't know what questions you should be asking yourself, then ask someone with experience or read the forums/threads.

Davidg31

Mar 1, 2015
Dye or PE, I've been told Proto is just cheap Dye so it's what you want to spend. I'm aiming for a Dye DM9 or PE Etek 3 I have my eye on at the moment.

wrenny

Jun 2, 2011
Derbyshire
i jumped straight in and got a mini, very customizable and fun to tinker with, and not considering its mostly metal its very safe to throw about. My mates never felt as solid as a mini and mostly plastic but they spent the same as i had on mine. Then i went OTT with mods lol