Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First purchase for a newbie?

Vorner23

Jun 7, 2016
I know there are threads about the first gun and goggles to purchase and loads of advice about that. But.....

What about advice of a completely different nature to get started ? What new kit was amazing that you couldn't believe you lived without?

My suggestion to get things started? A decent headband! I tried loads of goggles and an hour into a scenario or big game I couldn't see s@#t. I tried loads of different masks. Everything steamed up .

So I suggest a headband or wrap keep the sweat off the brow and out the goggles.

If someone had told me sooner I could have missed some frustrating days paintballing.

What strange/different kit items do you guys recommend the newbie might miss?

Charl

May 20, 2016
I'm pretty new to the game so can't really bring anything to the table.. but I am interested to see people suggest!

Good first suggestion mate could save people a lot of time and frustration

Potential to be a good thread!

Reactions: Vorner23

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
may sound daft but a cover for the bottle i find to be very useful. helps to stop the bottle slipping from your shoulder and because it will grip against your clothes it also helps to take some of the weight.

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
Bottle cover is a very good 1 or at least a bottle grip. Failing that some people do go for grip tape which works just as well. Or a combination of both as I have a tank cover and bottle grip. As my tank is white and in the woods stands out lol.

Pod swop there a blessing as you will get dirty or broken paint in a pod and it literrally takes seconds to clean the inside of your pod. But keep an eye on them if you do as they accendently end up in other team members kit bags :p.

As a barrel fluffy or squigie what ever you want to call it. And always carry it on you when out in the field as if you get a bad brake or a blockage means you can sort it out then and there so your back in.

Last bit is get a rain lid for your gogs even though they look kinda stupid there on a wet day it really helps keep your vision clear.

If your really struggling with misting (normally juring a wet winters day) make a solution of 50/50 of washing up liquid and water and spray it on the inside of your lenses and gently dab off the excess so a thin film is left on your lenses. Then leave to dry. Your vision maybe slightly blurry in places but won't steam up

Vorner23

Jun 7, 2016
Good boots/cleats depending on your game style is a great suggestion.

Nice other tips too.

Kitchen roll is a must for every kitbag. In fact a toilet roll dispenser on the back of a tac vest..... Yes New idea, I call copyright. Imagine how magestic you'd look as it unravelled running through the trees. Like a low budget Tron light cycle.

Ok more serious ideas again.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A head band for keeping away sweat and minimising fogging will be due to personal circumstances
Depending on goggle design it can be about the foam fit to the head and air flow. So sometimes a head bands position could also affect that
Head bands however are ideal for forehead protection - but you can have other solutions such as wooly hats, baseball caps etc

Anything that covers bare skin reduces impact, bruising etc, it may not seem to make a difference but one thin layer of fabric can be the difference between a bruise and a blood bruise

Appropriate footwear is essential, you can't get your ankles back once they've been injured. Ankle support in the woods and the right grip on flat ground

Wet wipes are an all purpose item

Tools are always needed. Acquire many over time because anything you use on site will be lost or borrowed

A few spare batteries for everything electronic that you have

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Knee pads (and elbow pads to a lesser extent). They opened up a lot more options for me in being able to move and slide. Even being able to drop straight down onto your knee if you're caught by surprise, without having to worry as much about what your landing on.

Also, the number of different barrel swabs/cleaners/pull throughs I went through at the start was crazy. Each has their pros/cons, but most are effectively one use only per day or game as once they're covered in paint they're no good to use again in your barrel as it would just make more of a mess. Individually they don't cost very much but soon adds up if you don't find one your 100% happy with. I'd recommend going straight for a "barrel maid" - one end is a cleverly shaped rubber tip that drags paint clear, then you use the fluffy end to polish it clean - and you can keep re-using it throughout the day without having to chuck it under the tap or in the washing machine after every run down a barrel.

Finally, you can use a plastic cereal box to pour your paint from (take the whole lid off rather than use the pouring tab), and to store it once you've opened up bags or take home any leftovers. They're like £3 and make life a LOT easier.

Mr. Animal

Growl Bark Bite
Oct 26, 2011
EA
. I'd recommend going straight for a "barrel maid" - one end is a cleverly shaped rubber tip that drags paint clear, then you use the fluffy end to polish it clean -

plastic cereal box to pour your paint from They're like £3 and make life a LOT easier.
this exactly this.

and now with M500 my newest addition:

A milk bottle crate.
holds pods upright and takes enough for a full team reload between games.

cost: free. theres always 1 kicking around a back garden shed somewhere