Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First shot drop off

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
On DM13,

Getting my first shot drop off after not using for a short period of time, doesn't happen during a game, just if it is left for a while

I've turned my LPR so I don't have drop off while shooting a stream of paint and so it's only +/- 5 fps from whatever I chrome it at, so I know it's not that,

Dwell is on factory but I cannot see how that would affect it,

Any ideas welcome

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Not sure on your marker but some guns have an actual setting for FSDO. Spoolies don't like being out in the cold for too long without being used so it could be that, or failing that you may need to increase your dwell settings a bit.

It's an irritation more than a real problem, one shot usually sorts it.

Reactions: Dup

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
First of all: If it doesn't happen during a game, don't bother with it. Just fire a few clearing shots before you chrono.

The DM design is prone to FSDO due to bolt stick. Usually the boards have a separate settings for this (though that can lead to first shot spiking) but it more or less can't be completely eliminated. Lack of lubrication and cold weather can make the problem worse.

Reactions: TrappStar and Dup

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
lube the bolt system very lightly, clean and relube with the lightest of amounts, your really just trying to fill the groves that the oring sits in.
Do this every day you play.
FSDO occurs as it takes more effort to move the bolt after it has sat. On the DM series there is a dip switch on the board to activate the ABS, anti bolt stick, it increases the dwell after 15sec to allow it to overcome the issue.
As mentioned above this can result in a hot shot so make sure it comes in under 300fps.

Reactions: Dup