Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First steps

Tiddle

Feb 5, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little advice on starting out.

I've been to a few paintball days in the past, always in a prearranged group such as a stag party etc. and now I'm getting the bug a little bit so I want to attend outside of a group if that makes sense.

I've only played woodsball before and I'd like to stick in that format at least to start with, are there any sites that have "walk up days" where a new player without equipment can attend? I'm located in Doncaster so obviously I'm close to Bawtry Paintball fields.

Would I have to join a team, and if so would that mean being pushed towards the tournament style games?

Finally, would I need to buy my own equipment immediately or could I use hire guns like I have in the past at organised days out?

Sorry for the really daft questions but I suppose it's better to ask here than stay in the dark!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Someone else will be able to confirm for the area

No-you don't need to be part of a team
You can join or form a team, but it's not essential and any team does not have to be for a type of paintball
(If going for tournaments then you do need a team, but that could also be a scratch team as a one off for a day)

No - you don't need your own gear
Most walkon sites will still offer a rental package at about £5 extra. I recommend this to start with before deciding what to buy

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little advice on starting out.

I've been to a few paintball days in the past, always in a prearranged group such as a stag party etc. and now I'm getting the bug a little bit so I want to attend outside of a group if that makes sense.

I've only played woodsball before and I'd like to stick in that format at least to start with, are there any sites that have "walk up days" where a new player without equipment can attend? I'm located in Doncaster so obviously I'm close to Bawtry Paintball fields.

Would I have to join a team, and if so would that mean being pushed towards the tournament style games?

Finally, would I need to buy my own equipment immediately or could I use hire guns like I have in the past at organised days out?

Sorry for the really daft questions but I suppose it's better to ask here than stay in the dark!
Hi welcome (y)

Its "walk on" by the way.

Reactions: P8ntballer-Josh

Tiddle

Feb 5, 2017
Thanks for the replies! I'll be getting myself on a "Wall On" day (see, I'm learning already!) soon.

Cheers!