Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

first strike rounds any news ????

Discussion in 'MagFed Discussion' started by VENOM, Aug 24, 2015.

1. VENOM Never pay full price for late pizza

VENOM
    Message Count:
    As above has anyone heard if the ban is going to be lifted soon or is it a permanent thing ?????

2. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    It's not a ban as such - an interpretation of the position of where they sit on frangibility.

Ukpsf have not banned first strike, but given a position on how they feel 'shaped rounds' may sit. If you go to an ukpsf site then expect first strike to not be permitted. It does not prevent other sites from permitting first strike so you may find them permitted

Unless they get tested in a manner that places them as frangible or non frangible then expect no change, or at some point in the future when firearms laws get reviewed (it's been highlighted by the home office about reviewing all related legislation) at which point frangibility and lethality would get looked

3. tricky m Well-Known Member

tricky m
    Message Count:
    Sure there was something posted on fb. By ukpsf last week. Will try a find link.

4. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    I've not seen anything recently from ukpsf, but in the U.S. there was testing recently. This relates to a separate first strike issue due to exclusion of first strike by an insurer due to not being a paintball (not a sphere)
    The testing undertaken is with regard to force & impact and the potential to submit for Astm standards to be redefined to not require a sphere

Page 2 of this thread:
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4799521

5. TROUTLIPS charlie don't surf

TROUTLIPS
    Message Count:
    any more on this

6. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Yes, the testing took place and First Strikes were certified as frangible

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/paintball-and-the-law.171875/page-6#post-1611112

Kazary and TROUTLIPS like this.
  7. adria_mosso New Member

adria_mosso
    Message Count:
    Fs are one of the reasons i prefer magfed ;)