Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Tournament Even For My Team Advice?

Hey there..

I am the backman for a paintball team called Bunker To Bunker paintball. We have all been playing for about a year and a half. We practise about three times a month, but they are not really practises, you know how it is, we basically just play.

I have a bit of a limp because of a football injury a while back. So naturally this effects my speed a bit. Thats why I am a backman, if those 400 pounders can do it so can I.

Anyways onto my question. We are going to play our first touney in september, naturally we know we will get worked. So does any one have any advice for me on how to get the team ready for this tournament?! :confused:

SHERIFF SKULLS

MMMMmmmmmmm new MATRIX
Jul 9, 2001
essex
Visit site
Try and get to temple for one of there tornys better still go to campaign and just watch the games,ask the teams for advice most will help any way thay can if thay have the time .
Good luck and hope to see you in the middle.. :cool:

enjoy it!!!

make sure all your equipment is sorted well in advance (paint, air CO2 ,guns- take a spare or two if possible)

if the games are early in the morning and your gonna have to travel, it may be best to find a hotel nearby and go down the night before( apart from allowing you to get more sleep, the best bonus is that you can be sat in the bar getting sloshed, while others are rushing to get there the night before!!!)

Get to the site early, when your kit is sorted, take a quick walk around the field to pick out the best barracades, decide which end you would like to start from on each field.

maybe get the others to listen in to the captains meeting so they know what the crack is.

after this, just get focused and ready to enjoy!!!

over all the main point I would say is make sure you all enjoy it, Play to win, but whats the point in playing if your not gonna enjoy it.

H.J.Bif

By the way this is more a case of do as I say not as I do, as we normally spend all night drinking, then just take it one game at a time.Good Luck.

Team Tremmor - FEELTHE RUMBLE!!!

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Sherriff

I think he means an AMERICAN football injury (they call football soccer) and the man comes from Alberta, Canada (s'right innit??)

So a trip to the Temple may be a little excessive to prepare for his first tourney ;)

The advice is sound though - go watch some games, try and undersatnd the elements of the game (don't write something off just because a team loses after doing it - they might have been up against a better side!!) and imitate to your hearts content.

As for practice - go and practice technique for a while - forget the games - do snapping in all positions, keeping tight and doing it quick.

This will see you through and elevate you through the ranks quicker than your current regime will!!!

Good luck buddy :D

Mark

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Some of the things that we have found useful for our tournament play include:

1. Referee a tournament beforehand if possible. This allows close observation of players from an excellent perspective while showing you the perspective of the referees that you will have to work with when you play. Use this as an opportunity to study the game. You'll see a lot of how and when people are exposed, what gets referees' attention in terms of eliminating hits, how they're checked, and signs of penalties (someone suspiciously tucking away an arm or leg hit, leaning back on the ground to rub off pack hits <ahem, pro team playing at Toulouse that I won't name...>, attempted muggings with the player keeping on running to avoid paintchecks, and other really shady ****).
2. Sketch out positions and zone responsibilities on paper.
3. Visit other fields other than that which you regularly attend. The first tournament I played at was at a field I'd never previously seen, and I hadn't played more than 2 days away from my own home field before. This was bad: I was the captain but inexperienced at reading fields and made some uninformed decisions that left us with 3rd place instead of 2nd or 1st that we could have gotten had I had more experience with predicting how a field's layout directs the course of the game. Ask ANYONE of any high level team and they'll tell you this is where the majority of games are won.