Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First upgrade to an ancient cocker? £300 budget

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by badman I still dont know what this eye thing on the eblade is all about? can anyone explain? will the eye effect me or the marker in any way? [/B]
A lot of electronic markers now have an infra red "eye" in the breach which detects whether a ball has settled in front of the bolt before trying to close the bolt on it. The idea is that it eliminates chopped paint, but lets you fire as fast as the hopper can feed it. In practice, it's never quite as reliable as that, and especially on a cocker you can usually get quite adequate performance without using the eye.

Nev

www.never-land.co.uk
Mar 31, 2004
under a rock.
www.never-land.co.uk
ahh

so the eye is not a must have. especially for a newbie like me that would have a hard time getting more than 15bps with his untrained fingers.
the blade is definately the first mod then just for the slight increase in speed.

looks like i'm goin shopping

Chuck

Northern by a mile
Aug 4, 2003
Essex
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
Eblade frame 4 sale

I have an 04 Eblade frame and all bits 4 sale, will be available before The 1st sept. Very low mileage and has a factory fitted samurai trigger. £160 to your door.
Chuck

Nev

www.never-land.co.uk
Mar 31, 2004
under a rock.
www.never-land.co.uk
I played with an eblade on sunday so I now understand the eye thing. It worked better without the eye but i think it just wasnt set up or something.

CHUCK: Damn it i want it... but why are you getting rid of it????
(please send private mail so we can sort out delivery or viewings and payment etc)

Sounds like i'm getting a seconds factory eblade cocker and upgrading the ancient ones at the same time. This is turning into a hobby or hoarding or something like that. Maybe that will be better cos i can learn stuff and have a working cocker that i dont need to touch (inless it goes bad) at the same time.

best of both worlds? or great financial mistake?

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by badman
I played with an eblade on sunday so I now understand the eye thing. It worked better without the eye but i think it just wasnt set up or something.

CHUCK: Damn it i want it... but why are you getting rid of it????
(please send private mail so we can sort out delivery or viewings and payment etc)

Sounds like i'm getting a seconds factory eblade cocker and upgrading the ancient ones at the same time. This is turning into a hobby or hoarding or something like that. Maybe that will be better cos i can learn stuff and have a working cocker that i dont need to touch (inless it goes bad) at the same time.

best of both worlds? or great financial mistake?
When you say "it worked better without the eye", was that with paint or without?? And with which hopper?
an E-blade can be made to go very fast without the eye on, but this is no good unless you can feed it that fast...by far the best way, is to use the eye. Im gonna see how fast i can get my eblade to go, with and without the eye, being fed by my V35 HALO.

Nev

www.never-land.co.uk
Mar 31, 2004
under a rock.
www.never-land.co.uk
It was with one of those evlution "egg" hoppers, full of paint.
I didnt notice anything when I was chrono-ing but on my first game with it, I turned the blade on and started to play (the eye was automaticaly on). I made my bunker and began to shoot. it shot, the back block stayed out for a second, and I couldnt shoot again until it returned fully. So I paniced and started pressing buttons till the eye was off. I poped out of the bunker and got splated.
That was not to happen again, but was pretty funny at the time. A few of my team had the same problem but somehow we still won that game. I know I had nothing to do with it.
:D :D

Speedyg4LS

NSPL FACTORY
Sep 25, 2003
S. Wales
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Eye must have been knackerd then
im thinking its set in Classic mode and not semi, and thats why the bk block stayed out. not the eye being bust, but thats just my opinion