Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

fitness training programme

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
Hi guys due to the amount of pms I have been sent asking for programmes I’ve decided to put one up on the forums. The following programme is a basic starter programme designed for those who haven't any equipment or many hours to spare. It is a basic starter programme that can be done mostly in front of the goggle box, but it will help with strength, stamina, and speed.

Cardio
You should be doing some cardio work at least 2 times a week for good health anyway, but get an exercise bike stick in front of the TV and peddle for half an hour min. if not try walking etc as long as it's a prolonged period of half an hour at a comfortable pace for you.

Leg work

Static lunges:
Imagine you are stood in the centre of a clock face looking at 12 o clock with feet together. lung out with your right leg towards 2 o clock until both knees are at 90 degrees your left foot should stay rooted to the centre of the clock., do this motion in a controlled manner not waving all over the place. Push off with your toes and back to standing then lung towards 10 o’clock with your left leg. Back to standing, right leg out towards 1 o’clock, back to standing, and left leg towards 11 oclock.4 lunges is one set
Do this as many times as you can (push yourself the extra set?)
(Target after 4 weeks should be over 10 sets)
Don’t let the lunging legs knee go further than the foot.
This exercise will strengthen all the balancing muscles that are used when crouching and popping out of cover quickly.

Upper body
Good old press-ups:
Start with hands shoulder width apart. Slowly go down counting to 4 which should be as your nose touches floor, then up counting to 4 should be back in starting position as you say 4 in your head. Your body should be straight throughout motion no v shape bodies (if you can’t do this start with your knees on the ground and press your upper body.
Sound easy but most of us don't do proper press-ups, and cheat on the technique.
This will help with endurance for holding your gat and staying in awkward positions for prolonged spells.
(Target after 4 weeks should be between 40 and 60 press-ups).

Arms/shoulders
Start with any light weights (light dumbbell, tinned fruit etc) in each hand arms by your sides. slowly to count of 4 curl your arms so weight is touching shoulder, then to count of 4 uncurl to starting position, lift your arms without bending elbows straight out in front of you till weight is level with eyes (to the count of 4). Then from level and in front of your eyes move your arms away from each other until you are in a crucifix position counting to 4 again. Then to the count of 4 lower your arms keeping the elbow locked, back to your side in the starting position. Now pull the weights directly up your torso pushing your elbow backwards and in to a v shape to the count of 4, then to the count of 4 lower again. That’s one rep (32 seconds per rep).
This will help steady your arms for better accuracy.
(Target after 4 weeks should be 20 reps)

Stomach
Lie on your back and slide your feet along the floor towards your butt until you can no longer feel any arch in your lower back. (Staring position)
Suck your belly button in and towards your spine at the same time using your back muscles push your back into the floor. Concentrate on keeping your belly button sucked in and you’re back pressed hard against the floor. Hold for a minute and relax then start again (don't forget to breath).
This will give you DYNAMITE core stability, helping you snap shoot quickly, dive quicker, profile smaller, and feel taller.
(Target after 4 weeks should be 4 sets of 2 minutes).

Sprint between bunkers /bleep test
Best way to do this is to set up 2 markers 7-10 metres apart.
Forwards: sprint as many times between the 2 markers in 90 second as you can sprinting forwards. Rest for 90 seconds.
Backwards: sprint between the 2 markers as many times as you can in 120 seconds going backwards. Rest for 120 seconds
Sideways: go as fast as you can between the 2 markers moving in a crab like style for 3 minutes. Rest for 3 minutes.
That’s one rep, repeat.
this is a killer by rep 3, not for your super sized back man, if you practice this not only will you be super fast to any bunker on the field you will be able to change pace and direction to dodge any sweet spotter at will.
(Target after 4 weeks should be 3 reps but I’m usually dead by 3. this ones good for footy as well).

Stretch all major muscle groups after working out and drink some fluid (not beer). Stretching will aid with flexibility and injury prevention.

Above is a starter programming that if you do it 2 times a week and a bit of cardio 1-2 times a week then you should notice a vast improvement in your paintball game and general fitness. After 4 weeks contact me again and I will advise you how to advance your programme or give a more tailored programme.

Contact me by pm or mobile number below if you have and questions or want some advice on fitness programmes or injuries.

Woody

p.s. don't slate till you've tried it.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
sticky? - i must remember to get back to my programme - i slacked im afraid.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
dude

Blimey...I cant believe how FERKED I am after doing that!:D

I will have to build up to it, to familiarise myself...then after a while I should be able to actually do it, rather than nigh on kill myself just reading it:D

Top quality mate...saved to my desktop:cool:
start by doing as much as you can then build yourself up so you are doing more each week. the targets after 4 weeks don't apply to all but should be a rough guide as to how fit you are.
it's all about progression and getting in to the habit of doing it.
keep it up mate.

Fredo

www.lokipb.co.uk
Hell Woody, I'm cream-crackered just reading all the instructions. Think I'll just shoot you in the back & go lay in the snake for a while to save on all the fitness.

On a serious note: Cool programme & I'm now gonna take it on board for the tourney (then if I get hit cos I'm not quick enough I can always blame my personal trainer)......

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
Hell Woody, I'm cream-crackered just reading all the instructions. Think I'll just shoot you in the back & go lay in the snake for a while to save on all the fitness.

On a serious note: Cool programme & I'm now gonna take it on board for the tourney (then if I get hit cos I'm not quick enough I can always blame my personal trainer)......
gonna put up some video links as soon as i can get some free time.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Static lunges:
Imagine you are stood in the centre of a clock face looking at 12 o clock with feet together. lung out with your right leg towards 2 o clock until both knees are at 90 degrees your left foot should stay rooted to the centre of the clock., do this motion in a controlled manner not waving all over the place. Push off with your toes and back to standing then lung towards 10 o’clock with your left leg. Back to standing, right leg out towards 1 o’clock, back to standing, and left leg towards 11 oclock.4 lunges is one set
Do this as many times as you can (push yourself the extra set?)
(Target after 4 weeks should be over 10 sets)
Don’t let the lunging legs knee go further than the foot.
This exercise will strengthen all the balancing muscles that are used when crouching and popping out of cover quickly.
Some times a picture is worth a thousand words. Obviously, the weights are optional.

Inq

20-1 to him...
Mar 10, 2007
Manchester, UK
I get what ya mean... we used to do a similar thing in fencing training... but our knees went further than 90 degrees... it's not ur description thats unclear mate... but it is a bit vague to someone who hasn't done it before.

On a seperate note... went for a jog this mornin for the cardio part... and bought some cheap dumbells for the arm parts! I'm gonna be a pro in no time :p