Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fitness

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
should this be in the Speak your Brains section, I don't know?
I was gonna do a poll but I couldn't work out how to

What sort of fitness level does a Div 1 player need- do you spend much time training physically as well as playing?

post up at what level you play,
how fit you think you are
& what you do- do you train physically as well as play

I blackmailled my parents into buying a running machine 'cause we don't have much of a garden so i have nowhere to train ;)

I play Div 2

I can run a mile in 9 to 9 1/2 minutes, is this a reasonable level of fitness?

My main problem is speed, I'm reasonably fit but not quite fast enough to be a front player
I run quite a lot, about 2 miles a night in about 20 minutes, but tho my stamina seems to be increasing I'm not getting any faster :(. should I be running more than 2 miles a night??
is there anything I can do to get faster specifically, not improve my stamina?

thanks
Rosie

zxr

Sod Off!
Jul 26, 2005
on t'internet
www.rightmove.co.uk
I imagine that being a div 1 player you need short bursts of energy more than you need a steady flow over a long period.

One method i have used which is very effective is "lamppost running".

You sprint between alternate lampposts and slow to a jog between the others.
Eg. Jog 200m, then sprint 200m, jog 200m, then sprint 200m......
Its more tiring than it sounds.
But this will increase your Anaerobic Threshold.

This link will explain more about Anaerobic and aerobic energy.

This was recommded to me for Sparring in competition, because i needed access to as much energy as i could get for short periods of time. (the length of one round).

Hope this is of some help :D

Kill Crazy

Aug 2, 2005
Wirral
Visit site
well i play DIV 2 aswell even tho we played DIV 1 at the last masters and if you have seen other squad you will see they are all at there peak of physical fitness (not). Team noxcuse by the way.
I am probably the fittest so im the front player. For fitness i do a bit of running wen im botherd bout twice a week but mainly just do weights and play 5 a side footy and go the pub.
But if you want to improve your speed of the start do sprint training.
Just find a nice place bout 100m long and just run it as fast as u can then after a while can try it with a backpack on with some weights in it . I can promise u that will help ur speed. But part from that just keep goin running.

ladyboy

Pball & Poontang.Nuf Said
I do swimming for aerobic arm strength so posting is easier and free weights so i can manipulate the marker faster/easier.

Like yourself rosie i do running for aerobic fitness, about 6 miles at a consistant 6.5 - 7 mins a mile. For strength i do squats and Fartlek training(Not sure on spelling)
Its the technical term for lamp post training above but without the posts( Just me being a smart arse!:D )

We are a Div 3 team but we have punched above our weight before and have high aspiratio

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Originally posted by Skeet
The term "4 minute mile" has been around for some time...so..your 9-9.5 mins, isnt fantastic...at 10 miles an hour it will take you 6 mins to cover a mile..so...you gotta be pretty fast and fit to do it in 4 mins...your speed is about 6 miles an hour.
yeah I know it's not fantastic but I haven't been doing it for long
4 mins is pretty amazing not many people get up to that, I might aim for about a 7 1/2 to 8 mile eventually

I've got some weights, I guess I should try it 'cause carrying the kit slows me down quite a lot

thanks for your comments

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Originally posted by zxr
The 4 second pint, a benchmark for any top athelete
4 seconds, amazing :eek:

the greatest feat I've ever seen a baller achieve was a guy eating an entire KFC family bucket at the Welsh Open
...he was not well the next day :D