The Home Of European Paintball

Fitness

Syltiz

Chaos, panic and disorder
Jun 11, 2004
Surrey
Visit site
Originally posted by john251282
As you have said whatever do keep it consistent. I find the best way for most people is a simple tape measure. If you are trying to lose fat then you waist/belly is a good spot. If you are trying to gain muscle then your arms and your chest if a man. This method is really simple(i.e. none of the equations that have to be done with calipers or other methods) and most people already have a tape measure in the house so they don't need to buy anything new. While I am on this note the weight scales that have intergrate body fat % can be wildly off so don't pay to much attention to them.

It is perfectly possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time if you know the right techniques.

I won't get into the numerous weight training techniques at the moment. The "grooming" tactic as you have called it is normally prefered by girls because they don't have to get all sweaty because it is not that hard. I am not sure exactly what you mean by 3-setting failure on alternate days but if you mean what I think you mean then that is almost certainly too much for you are you could do more damage than good.
Yeah, tape measure is nice and simple.

Surely you cant be anabolic while you are burning fat? Are you not in a catabolic state while fat-burning?

I was just using the 3-setting analogy to present the extreme opposite. Weight training is definately not my most knowledgeable area so perhaps I should stay out of it :)

Kill Crazy

Aug 2, 2005
Wirral
Visit site
Every one is a personal trainer !!!!!!!!! :D sry not if u are.

rite go the gym have a session with a personal trainer tell him/her wat you want to achieve and they can give you a program to follow.

and i know someone is goin to comment about this post and rip it but thousands of people do it every month so cant be wrong.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by Kill Crazy
Every one is a personal trainer !!!!!!!!! :D sry not if u are.

rite go the gym have a session with a personal trainer tell him/her wat you want to achieve and they can give you a program to follow.

and i know someone is goin to comment about this post and rip it but thousands of people do it every month so cant be wrong.
BINGO!!!

Best answer so far!