Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Flatline or other barrels

Marine04

May 26, 2002
Visit site
Ive got a tippmann 98 custom and i was wondering if i should get a flatline barrel or not because some of my friends are saying that they are good and some dont think they are good.

and if you could share some barrel recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated!:p

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
The flatline barrel should allow you to shoot further as it puts backspin on the ball, I've heard however that the balls may well fly further but tend not to break on the target as the velocity as slowed down so much, I aint used one though so I don't know for sure. I must admit though I thought the flatline was more of a system then a barrel:confused:

As for barrel recomondations, do you use a lot of different paint? where do you buy your paint site/shop? 3 barrels are good of different bore sizes (small, med, large) as for make, Smartparts freaks are good you only have to buy the different size inserts!

Hope that helps,

Paul.

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
I borrowed a friend's flatline and played with it for a few games and was not happy with it. It had a slower rate of fire and was not very accurate, although it could shoot significantly farther. The problem was that after normal ranges the balls seemed to lack the force to break when they impacted the target. I wouldn't spend the money to buy the barrel and convert your normal system. Just invest in a name barrel of your choice in a mid bore and have fun.