The Home Of European Paintball

Flights, car rentals, hotels, sites, etc for Lisbon

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Bunka Monky
http://uk.maps.yahoo.com/py/lg:uk/lc:uk/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=Avenida+Dos+Combatentes+45&city=Lisboa&state=&slt=38.749900&sln=-9.165000&mY=1376694&mX=-406982&zip=1600&country=pt&BFCat=&BFClient=&mag=6&cs=8&name=&desc=&off=e&poititle=&poi=

massive link i know but thats the best map ive found so far, the red circle is the location of the marriot hotel and over the the left is the shopping centre place im not to sure of the exact location of the stadium yet tho sorry

hope its some help
It isn't a stadium as such. It's on the park grounds of the university which include a lot of sports facilities.

It's a 10 min walk from the Marriott.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Bunka Monky
can u post a link with the location of the university grounds shown ?
I'd love to but can't seem to get the bearings on the maps I can find.

It really is easy, just out the hotel, left down the hill to the traffic lights, turn right up the hill again (at this point the park is on your left) then enter the park at first major entrance and follow the path straight (past the football and tennis areas), all the way through the park and it's there.

It really is 5-10mins

Furia Azul

Jan 19, 2003
Lisbon
www.teamtrolls.com
I tried to delete this post but I couldn't so...here is an explanation:
I send an E-Mail to the Organization asking why the site was down and they told me that we (Portuguese Players) shouldn't try helping you guys because we were giving you bad information. This because there's not a confirmation of the place where Mega is going to be.
We thought that was going to be in the same place in the past year but it seems that it's not going to happen so I apologize if I misled any of you.

But since I want to help you guys anything you need to know about Lisbon (Places to go, to stay, to see, etc...) just send an E-Mail to: jollyrogers@zmail.pt
We will be glad to help any of you guys.

We are awaiting for the confirmation of where Mega is going to take place.

Cya in Portugal, ;)
Zé Nuno aka Fúria Azul

Takedown

Sacramento XSV
Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Perhaps we can use this post to come up with a list of info for the Lisbon tournament.

I'm specifically looking for deals on airfare from Los Angeles to Lisbon. I'm researching right now and the best I have found is $675 inc/tax and fees

Recommended hotels and car rentals?

Places to visit while touring Lisbon?

Thanks!
-Ron

Jaime Menino

Jun 19, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
Originally posted by Takedown
Perhaps we can use this post to come up with a list of info for the Lisbon tournament.

I'm specifically looking for deals on airfare from Los Angeles to Lisbon. I'm researching right now and the best I have found is $675 inc/tax and fees

Recommended hotels and car rentals?

Places to visit while touring Lisbon?

Thanks!
-Ron

---------------------------
Paintballgateway.com Factory Team
www.paintballgateway.com
www.checkitproducts.com
www.jtusa.com
www.extremeragesports.com
www.pminetwork.com
www.scvillage.com
Hi Ron

Hotels:
Can´t help you here besides the Marriot. But is is easier if you ask us (Portuguese ppl) about a hotel.
There is also a Holliday Inn near the site. (Muchos moneys) :)
And "Penta" Hotel. (Muchos moneys) :)

Places to visit:
Cultural places in Lisbon.
S. Jorge Castel
Belém
Sintra (outside Lisbon)
Lisbon Downtown
Nightlife- "Avenida 24 de Julho" as several bars/discos
Also - "Parque das Nações/ Expo 98" it has everything (restaurants and pubs, etc...)

Hope this helped
Any more info just ask! ;)

Cheers
Jaime Menino

P.S. Can´t help you on the airfare, but I think a airfare from Lisbon to New York is something like 900$.

Takedown

Sacramento XSV
Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for the info Jaime!

I will look into the Marriot and post prices when I get a chance. Keep the info coming!

-Ron