Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Flying with my marker?

Brokemelon

Permanent Newbie
Dec 4, 2001
Los Angeles
Okay, I'm going up to Seattle to hang with a friend and I plan on bringing my marker with me so i can get some playing time in the cold with it, see how it holds up. I'm flying up there and I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge as to how to transport my kit. I don't want anyone to think it's a bomb. Getting ruffed up by the National Gaurd is not my idea of a good time. I pretty sure I shouldn't take it as carry-on luggage, and i plan on emptying the CO2, but beyond that I have no Idea how I should go about this. I'm sure people fly with markers all the time to go to tournaments, so if anyone knows how they do this, please let me know. Thanks.

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Best thing to do

Best thing to do is to call the airport and tell them that you are bringing a paintball MARKER not gun and ask them what the best way is to go about it.

Hope that helps.

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
as long as it is all in bits and the bottle is empty (i thought i heared the valve couldnt be in but anyway) then they dont have a problem. As long as you let everybody know cos there is always one hot shot who doesnt know and rugby tackles you to the ground, handcuffs you and drags you off until he realises you were actualy not going to kill the girl on the check in desk and steal a plane.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Dismantle the gun ...that is take the barrel out and dump all the CO2 if you can take the valve out of the bottle pack it in your suitcase together with a paintball magazine TELL the
checkin staff you have something that "RESEMBLES" a firearm (I know its not but an x-ray will say otherwise) they will get a security person to come and check your bag with you present if you can avoid it don't let the bag out of your sight...some airlines do just take it away and call through to the desk to say its ok but well just warning you. also check in early not too silly but early and remember that you must have all tools etc in the suitcase as well
Gone through loadsa **** at airports but only small delays ....just stopped me getting to the bar sooner lol. But never been refused to fly I flew across to Florida for this years World Cup and I had to take an internal flight as well.....no problems at either end.
Airports staff rarely have the answer you need to hear just normally say oh as long as the CO2 bottle is empty but think where is the person you spoke to on the phone when you need them ....nowhere but you will be ok just be honest and upfront and you will get through no worries.

Brokemelon

Permanent Newbie
Dec 4, 2001
Los Angeles
Thanks, Mark. The paintball magazine thing seems like a good idea, as well as taking the valve out of the bottle. I'm gonna call first and let them know and let them know again at the gate. It's good to hear from someone who has done this before. Experience says alot.

cockerguy

Dec 15, 2001
CANADA!!!
Visit site
cal the airport ahead of time and tell them you want to bring your marker. They'll give you detailed instructions on what to do. They'll probably tell you to remove the air source, disassemble you marker and put it in your suit case.

Brokemelon

Permanent Newbie
Dec 4, 2001
Los Angeles
I called the United Airlines customer service line and they seemed fine with the paintball gun as long as I didn't try to take it on the plane as carry-on luggage. They wouldn't let me take the CO2 tank under any circumstances. I expected that and already planned to FedEx it to my buddy's pad. So everything should work out okay.