Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Flying with with air tank

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Hi all,

I have a question about flying (domestically) with an air tank. I have contacted flybe who I'm flying with and they say its allowed to travel in hold luggage. From experience is a prop aircraft which means that the plane won't be pressurised. As diving cylinders can travel I can't see why it should be too much of a problem?

Has anyone any experience on taking tanks on board? I have assumed that a marker on a domestic GB flight is also fine?

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
I would (having never flown domestic or otherwise with kit) remove the regulator necessarily or not. It's a simple job and removes all doubt, the marker itself should be fine declared.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I flew...8-9 times last year all over Europe with my gear. Including FlyBe, and on prop planes (Stobart air/Aer Lingus)

Take reg off tank, that's it.

Without the reg, can't have any type of pressure in the tank, so no complaints from airlines.

Just don't fly Ryanair, they refuse to let markers on the flight. Full stop, won't allow them at all.

Reactions: Care_Bears

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
As above !!! Always Take the Reg off the Bottle, It gives peace of mind to everyone concerned !!!
>> Bluey

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
I'll look at getting the regulator off - any tips its a Valken air tank?

Thanks for the heads up for ryanair as I'd probably ended up being caught out as they would normally be my first choice!!!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Just Paintball = above , have the correct tool for exracting the Regs off any air bottles for a couple of £`s = Call 01325 24 24 19