Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

football studs work ok on astro turf

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
Astro footy boots are your best bet for astro turf as that is exactly what they are designed for. But tbh i have never played a tourney where they have checked my footwear an i wear my preds every time i play on grass...thoroughly illegal, but awsome grip!

Dazzaster

Erm.... What does this trigger do?
Sep 2, 2005
North Norfolk
either boots that andy posted up are quality on sand based astro. he plays football everyweek on astro with them and there miles better than anything else hes used. so hes told me anyway

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
tis true i wer using them at campaign and i wouldnt recomend anything else, and yes just as my fag cousin has said i play on sandy astro every week and the grip you get out of them is amazing

craig_t

#23 vudoo's mofo
Jul 16, 2006
Aycliffe
depends what sort of astro mate i know youve said its sand based but iv played footy all myu life and played on all sorts of astro turfs and pitches mate. You can get astro that is like a carpet with sand on it and astro which is like plastic grass with sand under and small rubber squares aswel, the carpet forget about studs, mouldys or anything youll slide everywhere but the plastic grass with rubber and sand mouldys are allowed on most and give unbeatable grip and i play on that astro with the rubber and sand and plastic grip more than once a week with my mouldys and wouldnt dare wear trainers on it.

:D hope this helps mate

jimi.p

Jul 2, 2006
birmingham
haha guys i found out today that they dnt work lol
i forgot to change my shoes for the sup air game at npf today, wont do it again haha

craig_t

#23 vudoo's mofo
Jul 16, 2006
Aycliffe
The astro turf that is great with studs ect is actually called rubber crumb astro turf...a pichttp://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sses/SDC/images/facilities/pitches/rubber_crumb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sses/SDC/facilities/pitches/sport_turf.htm&h=244&w=250&sz=44&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=dueLAnmm7sppiM:&tbnh=108&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAstro%2Bturf%2Bwith%2Brubber%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

tryin to get a pic of the crap carpet stuff astro...which btw the one im on about isnt very good at all having tried on several occasions to play onwith footy boots (mouldys studs ect) on a regular occurance as i played at eastbourne sports complex for Darlo FC which HAD not sure if still have i think they do though. Aswel as having played on the same stuff elsewhere one place with this stuff wouldnt let anyone play on it with studs as they saw it as a health and safety with the amount of people they had tryin to use boots on it and falling over and spraining ancles and a few broken ancles actually.

domo247

Only Gods can use Angels
May 12, 2006
Bloody hell!

Basically

You can only use trainers on carpet Astroturf – Astroturf/football trainers provide more than enough grip.

On artificial grass which is green and has lots of little black rubber bits mixed which is sometimes wrongly referred to as Astroturf. is fine with plastic/rubber/moulded studs or blades but you can not use metal or metal tipped boots on it.

piggy

Sep 21, 2006
bedworth
Molded

Get Yourself A Pair Of Adidas Copa Mundial Molded Rubber Studs You Can Wear These All Year Round They Are Well Comfy They Give You The Grip On Astro, Sand, Soft Ground, Hard Ground, I Wear Them All Year Round For Paintball And For Coaching Top Boots