Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

For new members (under the 20 posts) suggestion?

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
Hey,
Now i know this has very little to do with me, so feel free to tell me to shut the heck up and grow up.
I, along with many members I am sure, have noticed that some new members just spam topics with useless things to bump up to 20 posts so they can buy/sell. Would it be a suggestion to add something along the lines of a 1 post per hour (not sure if the used software allows this) as this may stop the rubbish? As in my eyes it makes the 20 post minimum pointless as it shows no involvement, just a willingness to spam! I have seen this happen a good few times lately and I know it's pathetic, to point this out as I know you will have noticed, but it kind of is annoying! as I would prefer no posts than digging up old opinion polls or posting un-useful garbage?
Rant over,
Thanks
Tom :)

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
I'm with you, today has seen a right bunch of no marks spam there way across the board!

Think after the 20 they still need approval though, not too sure?

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Yes that is a thought but this is just going to draw legitimate sellers nuts! People who are legit and just want to sell / buy are going to be frustrated.. its a really hard topic there needs to be some way how to just completely ban forth coming recurring scammers.
From my point of view, the buying and selling sections of the forum are to help the forum community, and not get people a way to make profit. It is just my opinion, but someone that come over here just for selling or buying, and it is not really interested in the forum itself, or the community around it, will not be missed at all. At least not for me. I rather prefer to have less offer than getting this transformed into Paint-bay.

When I joined not too long ago, I was as well looking to get a new marker, goggles, etc. And of course I was unable to opt to any of the items offered on the forum. So I read the rules, understood it, and looked at some other place to get my items. Before I was able to notice it, I already had the 20 posts.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it is how I see it.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
There are a lot of genuine buyers and sellers on this forum who had made much effort to ensure the prices stay competitive and the mods are very protective of this. I for one am wholly behind the 20 post rule and have seen the mods acting accordingly to protect us from the quick spammers.
I used my 20 posts restriction to find out info on the marker I wanted and felt it my duty to add to the value of this great forum before being able to post in the classified section to buy or sell. Its typical of the world we live in that people try and abuse the system.
Mods you have my backing - for what it is worth (being a new forum member but a long time player and supporter of this sport) keep up the good work.

Regards,
Niloc65
Aka Colin
Split Personalities. Est 1989.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
The spamming is annoying, I never understand why somone doesnt go Plat and then can do as they wish

To try and cut down the spam, why not create a BST Sub Forum that can be used by the new joiners to sell... give them their own sandbox. After a successful sale(s) they can then use the full forum section. Any posts in the subforum could be set to have some level of moderator review, but I'd be concerned this generates an overhead

Any regular member would know that buying from the sub-forum may carry additional risks, caveat emptor

Alternatively increase the threshold... some might still try, but others would baulk at needing to send significantly more posts.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Yes that is a thought but this is just going to draw legitimate sellers nuts! People who are legit and just want to sell / buy are going to be frustrated.. its a really hard topic there needs to be some way how to just completely ban forth coming recurring scammers.
George, you have to understand, who is legit and who is not ?
Who is really behind that username ?

Rules are in place not for the mods benefit, but to do our best to protect the members of P8ntballer.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Not realy appropriate - the case that started the post rule was that of a fraudulent buyer
Buy or sell - equal ruling here
tommikka is correct, not necessarily have to be a seller to scam, buyers can easily receive there goods, then dispute over paypal.
Trust must be mutual both ways.