Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

For new members (under the 20 posts) suggestion?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
There's always the argument for us to leave the classifieds completely unregulated.

That way, if it goes wrong we don't get involved and that is the understanding from the outset. I'm sure we'd get more members and less abuse as well.

Paypal used properly in theory offers more than enough protection.

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
Just wanted to say thanks to all the replies, is good to get an overall prospective!
new members feel frustrated by not being able to buy/sell, maybe they should look bat the forum more as a hang out for paintballers with the buying/selling as a small part of that. Also don't look at the forum as an entitlement, it is a privilege.
and 50 posts sounds like it could be much harder to bypass, maybe with a minimum time aswell? like a week plus? but lots of good ideas here :)

Reactions: NinjaSquirrel

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Just throwing this out there, But, I do like the Vouch system and would be quite happy to vouch for some of my team mates. I have even Vouched for other people on here in the past who I dont know but have dealt with and are regular user names that I know are trustworthy. I would even hope that if people were to see my user name that I am noted as a trustworthy person.

If we are making any other changes to the forum for security issues, is there anyway that we can have shown under our user name and above the avatar our team name and make sure that this is a field that MUST be completed. Then if some were to put in REDSKINS for arguments sake, someone like me who is in the team would be able to notify a MOD that this person is not associated to that team. If they are not in a team then as a default this could show NO TEAM or something along these lines But MUST have something on there. 99% of ballers on here go to the different tournament series and speak with other teams and there are people and faces that you see all the time and you get to build up new friendships. Due to this you could then contact the captain to have a word - due to this and being on the forum I have now found a friend in @foot (Dave from Sabotage) and I'm sure in this scenario a Captain would want to try and help out in order that their Team Name and reputation is kept in tact.

I hope the above makes sense as it did in my head when I typed it.

Going back to the original thread, it does really P**S me off when you see the same user name spamming 20 Plus threads but I'm the same as Dusty now that when I click on new posts I go down the right habd side of the screen and then look at the threads with different names showing.

This is becoming a problem and whilst I do want to introduce new and young players into this arena, there are a fair few with a Chip on their shoulder that do need to be taken down a peg or two.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Im finding this really frustrating too as yesterday i was told by nitro i was doing everything right and then i came on in the morning and i was permanently banned!?
I just find it annoying from a legitimate sellers perspective :/
It does not help matters when banned users then set up another account for yet the same thing to happen all over again !!!!

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Personally I dislike the vouch model... because whoever vouches for them is not necessarily going to step in and address if an issues arises. You probably would, plus I'm sure some others will as well. However there are limitations, most would offer to get comms flowing if there is an issue, but how many would address a financial issue?
In addition, static data (like team affiliation) can go stale and how do you ensure it's validated regularly?

As I posted earlier, I still think that if someone wants to post, they can bypass this by opting to pay for Plat membership. Given the relative low cost compared to other methods of sale (such as eBay fees) it is an option they should be encouraged to opt for... maybe they dont realise this?

Plus as a Plat you get a vouch model - feedback ;)

Reactions: phil-boy

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
As far as I'm aware - and I would ask a Mod to clarify this.

If you set up a new user account it gives very little information but does show your IP address - this is all from memory as I have obviously been a member on here for years !!

If you purchase a Plat Membership you have to give personal details like name address, tele no (I beleive, again this done from memory) and you pay an amount of money for this as well and so the Mods have your personal information.

The following is MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION - Over the years I have dealt with loads of people on here, some past members and loads still current. IF they are Plat members and their names are shown in grey then I have absolutely no problem in using them. Also there are some well respected people on here that Have not purchased Plat membership that again I will deal with no problem. Then there are some of the newer members that I have sold items to but not had any issues with, but due to recent problems on the forums I am now a little wary of new users.

Reactions: alexd

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
But phil do you understand where im coming from ? Nitro told me i was doing perfect having conversations with mods and other players over a time frame of probably 3-5 hours and its just plain frustrating.. from your perspective it just seems ridiculous but thats because you have privileges to be honest people who come onto a forum dont want to have to be messed around and have to comment 20 times its just ridiculous.. Just IP ban all of the scammers / dodgy people?
And its pretty hard to message people 20 times without being considered spam?

With the greatest respect to you, how do we know you're not a scammer? Every scammer we've ever had never did anything wrong according to them!

The rules are in place for the goodof all members, if you don't agree with them there are other forums. There are 30k registered users, not one gets special treatment.

Reactions: Twitch91

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
Dusty i understand this but what stops a scammer from paying 8 pound to scam someone for a 400 pound marker? .. answer that for me.
what is 8 pound to a 400 pound scam? its nothing, its just a free 8 pound for the site administrators.
thats the way i look at it and its just frustrating for legitimate sellers / buyers as my brother use to be very active on this site and i guess yeah its just ridiculous that i have to pay 8 pound to sell / buy something and use the site who are already making money from advertising revenues?
Think of it this way, yet again you're assuming that they don't need the money, the moderators get none as far as i'm aware all the cash goes to Robbo, who founded, advertised and has payed all fees for the forum, is this unfair?
As far as i was aware I use the forum too much, and was willing to pay the £25 or whatever it was :D Cause they also work hard during a scamming, as you can see in the talk to the mods section!