Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

For new members (under the 20 posts) suggestion?

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Dusty i understand this but what stops a scammer from paying 8 pound to scam someone for a 400 pound marker? .. answer that for me.
what is 8 pound to a 400 pound scam? its nothing, its just a free 8 pound for the site administrators.
thats the way i look at it and its just frustrating for legitimate sellers / buyers as my brother use to be very active on this site and i guess yeah its just ridiculous that i have to pay 8 pound to sell / buy something and use the site who are already making money from advertising revenues?
I can understand your frustration but I would dial it down a little...

To extent you are right being a Plat is not a pathway to 100% trust, but if you took a dispassionate look, then you'd not continue with this view and disrespect the unpaid Mods

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Dusty i understand this but what stops a scammer from paying 8 pound to scam someone for a 400 pound marker? .. answer that for me.
what is 8 pound to a 400 pound scam? its nothing, its just a free 8 pound for the site administrators.
thats the way i look at it and its just frustrating for legitimate sellers / buyers as my brother use to be very active on this site and i guess yeah its just ridiculous that i have to pay 8 pound to sell / buy something and use the site who are already making money from advertising revenues?
Oh I'm so terribly sorry you feel obliged to be here. Are we twisting you arm or coercing you?

You are not required to spend £8, no sir, you can buy and sell for absolutely no money here. It's a FREE resource to you but costs money to the owner and all we ask is a measly 20 posts.

Or go elsewhere, your call entirely.

With your current attitude though I'm quite tempted to prevent access for a month to give you time to get a feel for the place, y'know, see how we like things to work here. For free.

Reactions: Twitch91

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
3-5 hours, I'd consider that speed posting to get what you desired and that was access to the sales forum.

Also just because you'll have access doesn't mean that people will want to buy, there are other means such as facebook groups to sell

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Bit the bullet and bought plat in order to sell, still no guarantee that he will sell though.

More haste less speed

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
There's always the argument for us to leave the classifieds completely unregulated.

That way, if it goes wrong we don't get involved and that is the understanding from the outset. I'm sure we'd get more members and less abuse as well.

Paypal used properly in theory offers more than enough protection.
i hope that day never comes :/ Ive never had to seek help from the mods but i have seen you guys go above and beyond to help out those who have been scammed and wronged. I appreciate each and every thing you guys do to protect us from fraud and scammers. you don't do it because you have to, you do it because you couldn't sit back and watch someone be wronged in any way.

Keep up the great work :D

as for upping the cap, I'm all for it. I'm like a lot of people, including yourselves, that are noticing the spam posting users when just browsing the site. it always makes me laugh as i know as soon as hit 20 doing it, POOF! its back to 0.
I know a lot of people come to these forums purely to buy and sell but that's not the primary use of this place! Yes when i first joined here, i came to buy something but i then started exploring more of the forum, picking up tips, finding out about teams, reading up on users unique ideas and inventions. I have even added my own ideas and thoughts to discussions, That's how the forum should be used!

If i were in control, I would be a lot stricter. yep 50 posts minimum, constructive posts on threads less than a couple of months old. Commenting on a thread years old would automatically reset the count to 0 each and EVERY time. Id also have a waiting period of 2-3 days before allowing them access to see what they would do. Id hope they would continue to post up and be constructive within the community. If they didn't, id add an extra day or so. If it turned out they were just waiting it out to just get into the sales area, id keep them restricted without giving them a reason why. Oh and i would remove the platinum membership as a way to bypass the restriction. not sure how plat works, think it means giving the mods your details but whats stopping people using fake addresses or such?

but hey, thats just me :)

Reactions: Dusty and Twitch91

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
This a debate with no real right or wrong answer regarding the system of being able to sell crap on ze forums..maybe have to wrestle a mod of your choice in a jelly bath wearing a mankini? Now that is entertainment! :ROFLMAO:

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
Personally I dislike the vouch model... because whoever vouches for them is not necessarily going to step in and address if an issues arises. You probably would, plus I'm sure some others will as well. However there are limitations, most would offer to get comms flowing if there is an issue, but how many would address a financial issue?
In addition, static data (like team affiliation) can go stale and how do you ensure it's validated regularly?

As I posted earlier, I still think that if someone wants to post, they can bypass this by opting to pay for Plat membership. Given the relative low cost compared to other methods of sale (such as eBay fees) it is an option they should be encouraged to opt for... maybe they dont realise this?

Plus as a Plat you get a vouch model - feedback ;)
I'm not thinking of a vouch system like that on UKs, I'm thinking of a vouch system that puts members directly responsible for sorting the issues of those they vouch for.

It would help the mods weed out problem members and offer support to them when there's an issue. A system like this would mean we'd only vouch for people we knew and could contact / chase easily

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm not thinking of a vouch system like that on UKs, I'm thinking of a vouch system that puts members directly responsible for sorting the issues of those they vouch for.

It would help the mods weed out problem members and offer support to them when there's an issue. A system like this would mean we'd only vouch for people we knew and could contact / chase easily

Question is, say you vouch for someone in good faith on a marker sale then to the surprise of everyone it goes tits up, how do we force you to be responsible? Would you be able to, or be happy to stump up hundreds of pounds to cover someone's loss?

Reactions: chuckwood