Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula 5 25th July - Standings

Leah

Apr 4, 2006
Colchester
www.keeactionsports.com
Would also like to add a HUGE thank you to both the Johns for putting on the event, there is soo much work that goes on behind the scenes. Lump - my dolly, absolute legend - jumping in to run the show instead of playing! All the teams that helped marshall in the insane heat, and then to go on and play 5 games :cool:

To everyone that comes along to show support - also a great big THANK YOU! Lets keep it going

*nearly forgot to thank Mrs G.......cake at a tourney!!! What an absolute legend.

Leah :p

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Thanks to all who turned out for this event. As you may or may not be aware, the marshals from previous events were not there, leaving a rather large marshalling hole, which was filled at the last minute by volunteer teams and of course Sir Lump the legend! It wasnt easy (well the marshalling bit was, it sorta marshals itself for the most part!) It made for a long day. And more importantly I couldnt mingle and eat cake like the rest of you!

This leads me to explain the timing issue. With two teams set to marshal, John had to schedule an am crew and a pm crew, and this led to some teams waiting for games, longer than probably you would do under normal circumstances. Sorry about that guys!

New buzzer was awesome! I totally agree that larger flashing lights to show who has buzzer control are needed, but I liked it!

Mrs G, thanks for the warm lemon drizzle cake! Im suprised lemon had so much drizzle spare you made a cake from it :) :p

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
I really liked the field layout this time, not so easy to lock down the buzzer and no one 'killer barricade'. the whole field was playable and aggressive.
Big fan of the new scoreboard as well, would like it to be clearer who has the buzzer, it was hard to tell from the pits.

Thanks to all the guys that jumped in and helped out, as has been well said before, Lump you are a legend!

It is good to see the improvements and adjustments to the format with each event that goes by, nice to see the teams comments are listened to and acted upon.

Thanks to all the guys we played for the hard games, we didnt drop one all day but we had to earn each win, well done everyone.

Hope to see you all down there again.

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
Would also like to add a HUGE thank you to both the Johns for putting on the event, there is soo much work that goes on behind the scenes. Lump - my dolly, absolute legend - jumping in to run the show instead of playing! All the teams that helped marshall in the insane heat, and then to go on and play 5 games :cool:

To everyone that comes along to show support - also a great big THANK YOU! Lets keep it going

*nearly forgot to thank Mrs G.......cake at a tourney!!! What an absolute legend.

Leah :p
thanks for passing on the cash to Jon....I owe you one

Oh yeah, big up the Gassy Clan! Cheryl, as always your cake rocks and Craig....as always you break the rules ;)
:cool:

sjaygbr

Jul 26, 2010
Got to say thanks to Bedlam and all the guys for taking on a lone lost paintballer in the morning, made the day playing with a great bunch of guys!

Look forward to seeing you all next time!

:)

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
First time going up to try out this new format, it was a looong way from rainy wales, but at least i can say i've tried out Formula 5's.

For me overall i enjoyed the day, it was fun to play teams unknown to me, and nice to meet new people, big thanks to Andy and the crew for making up the scratch team with us :) you guys were a pleasure to play side by side with you. we were under the "Demo Squad" banner although only Shaun was from that team lol big thanks to him for setting this up for us, my welsh brothers Nicky, Steve and Tom plus our honorary welshman Kitch, who was rocking the snake with me :D thanks to Gorilla Lump and the marshals i wouldnt want to be in there shoes, especially when you were in my lane :p but you guys were awesome!

Right now over to Formula 5.

The timing issue was a pain, but it was due to circumstances not a format issue, it was just a shame that it happened when we came up :( loved the scoreboard, as i really liked looking at the results at the end of the day :) the firing modes were beast 15bps ramp was soooo good to shoot :p having large teams where good aswel, it makes it feel like more of a team, with large squads, if you get what i mean? it also has the advantage of newbies getting field time and not being an issue if they get shot out, unlike in 5man where they become a weakness to you on the field.

My downsides to this format are little things that popped when playing it, the first big one for me was the the results at the end of each game, you can notice that one team had 80 odd buzzer points whilst the other scrapped 1 or 2, this didnt change throughout the day, my assumption was it would be alot more evened out and teams would be fighting it out to close victories 45-50 or something like that, yet i didnt see that once :( , this really didnt give alot to the game for me, as in our first 2 games we locked the buzzer down on the 50 and that was that, the game was over at that point. maybe 10min games or smaller fields may encourgae movement and stop this issue. one great game was against outrage, as there are an aggressive team. Another point was the breakouts, for me i love 5 man breakouts, the feeling is intense, yet at formula 5's it didnt seem to have that for me, maybe if breakouts were in front of the pit and not behind the netting? wasnt so sure on the sticky patch things, they seemed to wander off meaning time getting them all together for the next game, and if the marshal at the gate counted every kill and let players out accordingly then there should be no issues of numbers on the field, not knocking the marshals or anything, but with my marker and pots in my hand it was a right pain, a simple tap of the hand etc would seem more adequate.

other than that i had fun, if those issues where sorted then i would consider giving it another bash :D

much love
DC

G

Gassy

thanks for passing on the cash to Jon....I owe you one

Oh yeah, big up the Gassy Clan! Cheryl, as always your cake rocks and Craig....as always you break the rules ;)
:cool:

yep I got a bit carried away and caught up in the excitment of playing again and stepped out of bounds,it was the pear cider the night before I tell you:p I was sent back to the pits though so no harm done

Hawks

Oct 19, 2009
It was a good day, nice to have u with us will and hope u would look to come play again with us.

Ok i liked the new arm bands, even through it is hard to change when u come back u can still do it if u are orgernised.

Thanks to everyone that played/marshaled and came down was a good day.

Last of all thanks to all the Hawks and teams that played fair.