Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula 5 25th July - Standings

wiggles01

Old and broken
Jun 3, 2010
Colchester
www.externalwallservices.co.uk
Big thanks to Storm 2 for letting us make up the numbers with them, after a long while out what a way to return and play this type of ball !:D
Just a few minor issues but i think this is still work in progress and it will get there very soon.
Was also nice to put faces to the names of the forum, Pete for taking the time, talking my son through the way to play, pure insperation:cool:
Thanks John and all the gang who put this together for us all and also for doing it all only 5 miles from my front door:p
Wiggles

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Well final feel like ive got over yesterday :tsk: getting to old for this **** :loco:
Still feel that there can be big improvements in how the game's can run to help players. the light over the top of the scores is a must as some of the teams couldn't see the board, or who was in control. The feild was much better, and played really well. Still have to sort out the pits, so the next team is ready to play quicker. as i felt this was the main reason why the day went on as long as it did.

Gutted i couldn't play but i felt i could help out. I love the format and feel its big bang for the bucks !

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
My downsides to this format are little things that popped when playing it, the first big one for me was the the results at the end of each game, you can notice that one team had 80 odd buzzer points whilst the other scrapped 1 or 2, this didnt change throughout the day, my assumption was it would be alot more evened out and teams would be fighting it out to close victories 45-50 or something like that, yet i didnt see that once :( ,

If you had stayed for the last game you would have seen ours go to 39/36 :p that was what I was trying to tell you, when you play teams of equal skill level it will turn out like that. Storm v Outrage is always a close game and eventually when more teams are joining in and it has to go to divisions this will be the way it goes...patience padawan ;) :D

As for all the Lemon Juice and Lemon drizzle this weekend, all I can say is...it was hot! :eek: lmao

xxx

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
My downsides to this format are little things that popped when playing it, the first big one for me was the the results at the end of each game, you can notice that one team had 80 odd buzzer points whilst the other scrapped 1 or 2, this didnt change throughout the day, my assumption was it would be alot more evened out and teams would be fighting it out to close victories 45-50 or something like that, yet i didnt see that once :( , this really didnt give alot to the game for me, as in our first 2 games we locked the buzzer down on the 50 and that was that, the game was over at that point. maybe 10min games or smaller fields may encourgae movement and stop this issue. one great game was against outrage, as there are an aggressive team. Another point was the breakouts, for me i love 5 man breakouts, the feeling is intense, yet at formula 5's it didnt seem to have that for me, maybe if breakouts were in front of the pit and not behind the netting? wasnt so sure on the sticky patch things, they seemed to wander off meaning time getting them all together for the next game, and if the marshal at the gate counted every kill and let players out accordingly then there should be no issues of numbers on the field, not knocking the marshals or anything, but with my marker and pots in my hand it was a right pain, a simple tap of the hand etc would seem more adequate.

other than that i had fun, if those issues where sorted then i would consider giving it another bash :D

much love
DC
The reason for the introduction of the arm bands was due to teams not being able to count to 5 & fielding 6 players instead by "accident" it is a simple solution that really worked well if you thought about it on your way off the field and had it ready for your next live player...

Ignoring the upset & considering the last minute recruitment of marshals I think the day went well, the new score board is the nuts!!!! Much bigger easier to read & with kills on really lets you know what you need to do, shame the batteries got low toward the end of the day but now that has happened they will probably be replaced midday at the next event to eliminate that.

Thanks to all who stepped up & played for Gorrilaz (or storm 2 as we keep getting named :mad:) & if anyone has got a picture of "Gimp" one handed shooting a player out while picking up a pot in the middle of nowhere... Don't post it up his ego wont fit in the van ;)

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
If you had stayed for the last game you would have seen ours go to 39/36 :p that was what I was trying to tell you, when you play teams of equal skill level it will turn out like that. Storm v Outrage is always a close game and eventually when more teams are joining in and it has to go to divisions this will be the way it goes...patience padawan ;) :D

As for all the Lemon Juice and Lemon drizzle this weekend, all I can say is...it was hot! :eek: lmao

xxx

i see what your saying dear, shame we had to leave, that game would have boosted my confidence in the format :( from my perspective it was always a landslide for one team, which aint cool because people love nail biting games and hard fought wins :D

haha our team was under demo but we know what were really called ;)

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
The reason for the introduction of the arm bands was due to teams not being able to count to 5 & fielding 6 players instead by "accident" it is a simple solution that really worked well if you thought about it on your way off the field and had it ready for your next live player...

Ignoring the upset & considering the last minute recruitment of marshals I think the day went well, the new score board is the nuts!!!! Much bigger easier to read & with kills on really lets you know what you need to do, shame the batteries got low toward the end of the day but now that has happened they will probably be replaced midday at the next event to eliminate that.

Thanks to all who stepped up & played for Gorrilaz (or storm 2 as we keep getting named :mad:) & if anyone has got a picture of "Gimp" one handed shooting a player out while picking up a pot in the middle of nowhere... Don't post it up his ego wont fit in the van ;)

yes the upset etc was an anomaly that could be seen a mile away, which happens so no biggy there just shame we had to travel so far otherwise i would have loved to have stayed :)

maybe some sort of button at the start gate which counts the kills and regulates players on field? or would that be a pipe dream? just was a pain with the patches, plus if a team "miscounts" and finds themselves with an extra player they should be penalised for it, then they would suddenly become math teachers ;) rules are rules and its the teams fault for breaking them even if its a mistake its there problem for lack of organisation.

still overall had a good day :)