Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula 5 25th July - Standings

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
If you can think of a system that is easier than the patch/baton used at the last event let me know dude & we'll try it out.

The trouble comes is when you have 2/3 players dead at the same time the gate gets super busy & there is no way of counting you in/out with out physically standing in the way which is totally annoying for players, this way the only thing between having your full quota of live players on the field is your own team mates :cool:

wiggles01

Old and broken
Jun 3, 2010
Colchester
www.externalwallservices.co.uk
To be fair i thought the arm bands were a good thing! As long as your team knows what the order is and set up a system then it all works fine ( storm 2 had it sorted)

Ideas

Welcome and breifing to kick off with and lay down the law

Also i would like to see the day run on a timer so if the teams not ready to go then the game is awarded to the team that is on the ball, unfair if you get caught out by the rule but any team taking part should be able to stick to this with 15 plus players,

Two games per hour= 15 min game , 15min break.......15min game, 15 min break

Pegs in the pit tent at each end for the arm bands to be placed and picked up from, so no time lost to looking for these with again a penalty for the teams breaking the rule loosing hard earned points.

Maybe a snack wagon to fuel us all with bacon rolls and tea...................PLEASE

Sorry if the above seems harsh but i would like to get all my games in next time and be home when i planned ! (

Hope this helps? & cant wait to get back and do it all again...

Wigggles.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Ed's proposed ideas for improving the pitting area.

I think having two pits is a must. This will make game turn around times much better.

I would also like to implement a player trade zone for use of a better phrase. This is where a clean players waits ready to go on and where the trade of armbands, under the current system, should take place before a player enters the field of play.

This would also allow using the netted dog legs I put in for the pits to be a goggles of zone and the trade zone to be a goggles on zone. Popping a table in the trade zone for barrel socks would be greatly appreciated.

I have left in the netted zone on the field that allows players to get to the safety bunkers, as I call them, without getting shot through spawn camping.

The down side to this would mean that the whole back line of the field will need to be netted so that teams may go to the pits without the need for goggles for setting up etc. This will mean John would need to shell out for more poles to be put in and netting hung.

If we really wanted to go techno I would remove arm bands all together and replace it with a button system. Five lights in the trade zone at the entrance to the field, one for each live player on the field. When an eliminated player returns from the field he hits the elimination button illuminating a light. A clean players sees this hits the live button and enters the field of play.

Further improvements would involve putting a slave copy of the scoreboard in the pits but lets walk before we can run :)

A bit much for John to do now but maybe in the future.

I would say as I did above to drop the wireless kill counters and roll with the more reliable wired options too.

Ed

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Ed's proposed ideas for improving the pitting area.

I think having two pits is a must. This will make game turn around times much better.

I would also like to implement a player trade zone for use of a better phrase. This is where a clean players waits ready to go on and where the trade of armbands, under the current system, should take place before a player enters the field of play.

This would also allow using the netted dog legs I put in for the pits to be a goggles of zone and the trade zone to be a goggles on zone. Popping a table in the trade zone for barrel socks would be greatly appreciated.

I have left in the netted zone on the field that allows players to get to the safety bunkers, as I call them, without getting shot through spawn camping.

The down side to this would mean that the whole back line of the field will need to be netted so that teams may go to the pits without the need for goggles for setting up etc. This will mean John would need to shell out for more poles to be put in and netting hung.

If we really wanted to go techno I would remove arm bands all together and replace it with a button system. Five lights in the trade zone at the entrance to the field, one for each live player on the field. When an eliminated player returns from the field he hits the elimination button illuminating a light. A clean players sees this hits the live button and enters the field of play.

Further improvements would involve putting a slave copy of the scoreboard in the pits but lets walk before we can run :)

A bit much for John to do now but maybe in the future.

I would say as I did above to drop the wireless kill counters and roll with the more reliable wired options too.

Ed
I have been working toward the same thing Ed :cool:

Shooter KW

May 13, 2010
Colchester, Essex
Ok here we go! a few pictures I took during the action on the 25th July 2010. I have over 300 quality pictures to choose from so if you are not posted then :(

Karl

More pictures to follow

Reactions: wiggles01

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Nice pics, are you going to upload them to an album anywhere so we can flick through for ones of ourselves?

Shooter KW

May 13, 2010
Colchester, Essex
3rd Set of Pictures, Hope you all like. I will post more pictures up later

Karl

A Picture of Al (not being shot by his own team this time! but I do have pictures of it happening ) He is just letting a team know the game is over so STOP Shooting!

Reactions: Bolter
G

Gassy

Really nice pics mate, I would like a look through an album aswell and would buy a disc if there is even 1 of me :D