Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula 5 25th July - Standings

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Technically, if you are hit you are out and therefore if you press the buzzer then its a penalty, as you are playing on, so to enforce the penalty the buzzer then goes to other side.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
I agree that with the rate of fire u are going to get this but does not mean when a marshal seems it he just stands there, its the marshals call to see if it done on purpose that that player gets removed.
Now just so i know i am reading this right, are you having a pop at the reffs ?

G

Gassy

the pathetic hand bags at 10 paces was the only thing to spoil the weekend for me,those involved should have been kicked off site.

Lump I thought the reffing was outstanding from all those on the field and I would like to thank you all again for the hard work you guys put in under very harsh conditions :cool:

Reactions: Bolter and Kevin

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
First of all potter i am not complaing i am just saying, but u can tell when someone is overshooting another player on purpose.
I agree that with the rate of fire u are going to get this but does not mean when a marshal seems it he just stands there, its the marshals call to see if it done on purpose that that player gets removed.
Its up to the player to get out the way, half the time people run straight back away from their bunker and take another x amount of balls to the back, or decide to walk through about 3 lanes, im not going to stop trying to shoot someone just because John smith decides hes going to waddle through the lane im shooting, his problem not mine, if they got to the sidelines and thought about it a bit then they probably wouldnt take half as much paint as they do,

As for the marshalls, they are having to keep an eye on so many things, half the time its hard to know how many people are even shooting at one guy, considering there are so many bunkers on the field, its paintball, sometimes you get shot more, personally I just worry about getting back to the pits asap to tag in a team mate, the only real case overshooting has is if the guy comes back absolutlely covered for no reason, and people on the sidelines will usually take issue with that, people going for the buzzer cant use this either, there willing to get in the way of X amount of guns off the break or whatever again, its there problem

mertlesnertz

Mar 9, 2009
As usual another fantastic day of play and another Monday off work to recover.

Hawks I agree mostly with Potter overshooting 99% of the time is the player that got shot thinking he got overshot when in fact he walked into a line of paint or stood up when a line of paint was being shot over him. if someone is shooting 15bps you will get hit a lot of times and there could be 5 guys shooting at you as Potter says it sucks to be the guy hit so time your runs better and play tighter and it will reduce the amount of times you get hit.
However the bonus ball situation is another thing once a player is eliminated some players were shooting some more into people making it harder to clean up and get back out again but this is an almost impossible situation to stop because of numerous factors like , people walking across lanes , people looking out from a barricade and seeing an object and reactively shooting them then realise the person was walking away . it all boils down to having to make a split second decision and adrenalin and reaction kicks in.
This situation can be helped by the judges keeping an eye on players doing it on purpose and i am sure John will keep an eye on this situation.

Every other format has had the same problem since paint ball began and every future format will also have the problem if the judges pulled every player that another player thought was overshooting him we would have no one playing , the organisers of these events have reduced the velocity down to 280 so hits don't hurt as much other than trying to keep an eye on things more I don't really see what can be done .

I also agree with Dark Warrior if you get hit before you hit the buzzer you can always not hit the buzzer and the points switch to the other team as a punishment other wise teams will just throw players at the buzzer with no real penalty. the transfer of the buzzer is a quick and good way of dealing with people carrying on and hitting the buzzer all you have to do is adjust your tactics and tell your players " DON'T HIT THE BUZZER IF YOU GET HIT " Its that simple.

So far we are just nit picking at was is a fantastic format that will benefit paintball in the long run I for one am glad that John has had the commitment to see this through and the work he puts into it , I had all but given up playing tourney ball till this came along and now its all I will play .

Keep up the good work John.

Hawks

Oct 19, 2009
Guys in no way was my post ment to be complaing about anything i was just posting my views.

I agree that overshooting can not be stoped but my point was just to leave it down to marshals to sort out on field and make that call.

The buzzer thing i understand but i still do not agree with the buzzer going to the other side, the player whos goes for the X could get there and then have 4 lanes on him as he got there which means not only does he get shot alot but also give the X to the other team, but again this should be down to the marshals, but i still think we should have a netual button on the buzzer.

Lump in no way am i complaing about the marshals i do not understand where u got that from, my team helped out on the day for 1 game so i was just pointing out that marshals should give bigger penaltys for people that abuse the rules.