Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula 5 25th July - Standings

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
First off, the good. Cheers to Jon Sosta, Bonich, Lump and all the marshalls. A tough day under bloody hot conditions.

Next, a massive thanks and big love to everyone who guested on Demo Squad. Thansk to Shaun for coming to the rescue at the last moment, thanks to Steve for randomly just being stood there looking for a game, thanks to Dan, Steve, Nick and Tom for coming all the way from Wales and just being the life and soul, thanks to Kitch for playing the snake so well....how does he do it? Thanks to Vinnie and Bren...stalwarts as always. If any of you guys ever wanna play a scratch team again, Kitsune will happily put players in , it was a complete pleasure.:)

Finally the bad. There were some extremely difficult conditions on sunday and I can completely appreciate that. I neither know nor care to know what went on but the upshot was that Demo squad had to leave prior to playing our final game. So, apologies for doing that, but we sat around for 4 hours in the afternoon and the team just lost the impetus to play.

Lets hope things change next month, but otherwise, a good day
:cool:

G

Gassy

8 Hour round trip to event £60

Stay overnight in beautiful country pub £65

Picking up the bar tab at the end of the night £165

spending a weekend with some of our best friends and playing F5's PRICELESS

THE THANKS 1ST

John Sosta you have a fantastic venue and the best paintball format I have ever played,yesterday was make or break for me with playing and I have never enjoyed myself so much on the playing field,using Lumps analogy "I got my paintball mojo back".Also the airfill system was the best one i have seen anywhere as well. :)

John Bonich thank you for sorting my misfeeding Prophecy out :cool:

Storm 2 Thankyou for letting me guest for you guys,you are certainly the "largest" paintball team I have ever seen:p it was a pleasure to meet and take to the field with you all,Albert needs to lighten up a bit though;)
Sorry we had to shoot off early but it did take the full 4 hours to drive home:(

To all those who reff'ed the event I salute you,that was hard work with the sun baking down and 27 degrees,I thought you did a fantastic job all day,how Lump didn't pass out with the 3 hoodies,coat and everything else he was wearing I will never know.

I now know several more faces off the forums which is nice and it was especially nice to meet the paintball legend that is Kitch (definatley not the mental image I had of him:eek:)

Saturday night with Lump,Lemon,Leah,k4p84(Ed),Kitch,Nikeroo and his mate, ShaunJM,both Johns and Al France was legendary.I highly suggest that if you ever go out with Lump and he is a little quiet then give him a sambuca and its like flicking a switch to overdrive :first:

I will let Lump or Lemon put the dessert menu picture up that had us in hysterics,all I can say is "we were fated to stay where we did"

This weekend was amazing and the f5 format is the best paintball I have ever played.The only thing that will make it better is if someone got some good pictures :eek:

Thanks to all involved.

ShaunJM

Apr 2, 2010
Cracking weekend )

Thanks to John and Co for putting it on.
Bedlam, thanks for making the joint a venture a blast, ever run short again, just yell and we wiil do what we can to help out.

Dan, thanks to you for making the trip from wales.

Gassy , Lump etc, thank you for saturday night. Had a great evening and never managed to empty a beer garden so quickly... ( didnt think we were that bad... but hey :D ) And if i had known about Lump's fondness of sambuca... i may have ordered it sooooo much sooner...

Quick appology for leaving early on sunday... youngest wasnt to good and wife needed me home.
Great weekend, thank you all

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Aww bless! We are so glad you enjoyed it Gassy, well done for getting back in the saddle and well played! Thank you soooo much for the beers, I think this is the first event we have come home with money lol :D

Many thanks to both Johns for another amazing event. The timing needs sorting somehow but I know it will get there. It's such a fantastic format, just love it!!

Many thanks to Storm, wonderful playing with you as always and well done :first: and thank you Al for looking after me with the headache tablet and fluid!! You're a legend :cool:

Great to see Pete (looking sexy with your tan ;)), and our new family Loki turn up, perhaps it was fate that you couldn't train yesterday, lol. Big hugs xxx

Well done to everyone that travelled hours, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when you see commitment to the sport like this. What a sport, what a big family :D

Love you all guys xxxxxx

Fredo

www.lokipb.co.uk
and our new family Loki turn up, perhaps it was fate that you couldn't train yesterday, lol. Big hugs xxx

As I'm first here I'll accept the hugs & pass them on to the team lol. :D

Thanks Outrage for giving me a couple of games (even if they were eventful) sorry I had to leave early but needed to get away for my kids.

I love this format to bits & it looks good for the future, just needs a little bit of ironing to sort out the timing issues.

Andy/Fredo
LOKI

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
and our new family Loki turn up, perhaps it was fate that you couldn't train yesterday, lol. Big hugs xxx

As I'm first here I'll accept the hugs & pass them on to the team lol. :D

Thanks giving Outrage for giving me a couple of games (even if they were eventful) sorry I had to leave early but needed to get away for my kids.

I love this format to bits & it looks good for the future, just needs a little bit of ironing to sort out the timing issues.

Andy/Fredo
LOKI
Oi share the love.... :D Good to see all the usual faces, and a wicked giggle ahaha..

Echoing the others it was another top day, Thanks to onslaught and storm for having me for the games i did play, and everyone for putting it on, dont envy the marshalls they did a great job considering the heat and goings on on field!

Like people said the timings can do with a bit of work but i know everyones trying hard... one thing i will say is to get rid of the stupid velcro patch that you have to swap at the start gate when you put a player out, completaly kills the flow of it as you faff about getting it on/off. Other than that its a big thumbs up from me :first:

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Got to put as couple more faces to usernames which is always a bonus.

Lump and Lemon + Sambuka = amusing, plus I got a kiss from Lump out of it so all was good ...... :p

Oh and never go near lump if you have an apple, it will end badly for you and the apple :)

Thanks to Mrs G for offering cake :) cheers to Mr G for the drinks on sat night :)

As ever thanks to John for putting on the event.

I liked the new score board, maybe just use wired clickers in the start gates so you can keep those kill counts coming thick and fast during the game rather than after, that confused the hell out of me. Get your soldering iron out and get those 'your in control of the buzzer' lights up before the next event too :)

Massive thanks to Lump for turning up to try and get a game and ended up being the head ref for the day. Things don't always turn out the way you plan them mate !
I volunteered to marshal the morning session with Storm, Lump and Lemon. It was good to be watching the game from that close even though I did pick up just a few hits.

PS you can now hire the Bonich and Sosta bee keeping service from Kee :)

Oh lastly, Paddy, I am going to get you back :)

Aug 9, 2005
Northants UK
one thing i will say is to get rid of the stupid velcro patch that you have to swap at the start gate when you put a player out, completaly kills the flow of it as you faff about getting it on/off. Other than that its a big thumbs up from me :first:
have to say i actually preffered this with the patches, as far as it being a faff to get it on off, it was quite easy and if the flow of getting people out is disrupted thats really something that needs to be looked at by the team, eg. having a more organised que to get people out. It worked quite well with Storm anyway. And made it easier to make sure the right amount of people were on the field.

A great, if not stupidly tiring day for us. Marshalling the morning was bloody hot and very hard work, but enjoyed it none the less. Playing after was very hard, i almost didnt want to, but it all changes as soon as your actually on the field :D. Shame things got a bit messy with teams and who was meant to play who due to the drop outs/refusal to play certain games (im not 100% sure what happened there), we ended up playing an extra game (more to tire us out) but we won overall i believe, even if it was a slightly hollow victory.

Thanks to all involved, i am still in love with this format.

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Really good fun, format is something different and takes some getting used too, but it reminds me of the days of 7 man with the size and amount of bunkers on field. Theres a lot more emphasis on communication, teamwork and thinking as there was with 7man.

Thanks to Hawks for allowing me to jump in and see what it was all about.

I could of swarn I saw someone taking videos or pictures? Where can I find them?

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Last event with some teams unable to count to the dizzying heights of five they ended up having six players on the field !

Simple solution that does work, you just need to be slightly organised.