Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula 5 25th July - Standings

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales
So yeah!

Aside from travelling the length and breadth of two countries to get there on a whim of a decision… It was interesting. Saturday night was fantastic. You lot are crazier than the coconuts (you know who you are ;) ) Thank you Gassy & Mrs G., It was a pleasure meeting you both. As for what happened whilst camping at Costa Del Sosta… what happens in Colchester stays in Colchester eh Kitchypoo? Lols.
Sorry to the team that missed out playing us-(Lemon’s Jews… Juice…? Which was it again?) We had a 5 hour journey ahead of us… [Turned into 7 for me w00p]) So we left at around 4:30.

As for the format… I’m still a bit “meh” on it all… The best game for me was against Outrage… The other two games were a bit lacklustre. Though, I couldn’t help notice (and this reflects what Soul Doubt said) in that most games were decided in the first 2-3 minutes of the match. It seemed that whichever team got the key bunkers around the 50, pretty much dominated the game, with little chance of the other team making a come-back.

It’s very hard to attain bearings after you’ve been shot out and re-enter the field. When this happened, the game turned into chicken shoot. (The team on the back foot being the chickens). Yes Lemonypop you said the games are usually better, but even in our game against Outrage it became a chicken shoot (outrage being the gunners… team I played with being the headless chickens)

I think 10 minute games would be better, as I found myself pretty much taking a 5 minute nap at the 50 in our first game… That would also assist the issue of timing running orders.

The field set-up was ace though, so to Sosta and his compadres – Kudos.
Just keep ironing out these creases. I won’t let one bad day put me off the format completely, so yeah I will play it again…Just… in the midlands which is a 2 hour drive :p

Hawks

Oct 19, 2009
Only on some of the games that has happed but on most games that have even teams it will be a battle, i belive that 15 mins is perfect, for what i understand this format is to give more playing time and yes u are going to get some teams stronger then others but that happens all the time, if u want to improve u have to be on the back foot of the game sometimes, we get use to that but as the teams keeps pushing they will always push the other team back due to low air or low paint.

But we do need to try and even the teams out but as of next year this is already being sorted by john.

I would like to see some of the new teams/less exp teams givern more, eg coach for the day to help them improve or something like that, this will increse how they play and then make it harder for the other teams they play agaist.

Also overshooting needs to be sorted and hard penaltys for this, this will make sure that when it happens that people will think twice before doing it.

If from start u go for buzzer and get shot as or just before u hit it i do not belive it is fair for the other team to get the buzzer, i think there should be a netural as when this happened to us we could not get the buzzer back and we lost the game cause of it.

Last point is when game is over anyone that is still shooting 30 secs or so after game is over should be givern a large penalty like 30 points to other team.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
If from start u go for buzzer and get shot as or just before u hit it i do not belive it is fair for the other team to get the buzzer, i think there should be a netural as when this happened to us we could not get the buzzer back and we lost the game cause of it.
so is it fair that your eliminated player should carry on and press the buzzer ? you need to make it very clear to your players to be sure they make it clean or dont go for it :)

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
So what I really want to know is.............................does it cost more to play this Format????

Can someone tell me the entry per player (if there is 10 per side)

And what the paint cost is please

Thanks

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
So what I really want to know is.............................does it cost more to play this Format????

Thanks
not really mate, if the players are sensible and dont go out shooting 20bps at bunkers with no one in them. it was cheaper than playing some 5 man events ive played

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
not really mate, if the players are sensible and dont go out shooting 20bps at bunkers with no one in them. it was cheaper than playing some 5 man events ive played
I am sure that some player can tell me how much they spent!!!!!!!!!

How much is entry for a start??????????????

ShaunJM

Apr 2, 2010

Thanks
Team entry is £350 per team. Kinda found if you can get say.. 12 peeps.. ( 2 for the pit ) you can rotate the games etc. Therefore pretty much £30 each for entry.

Given a game is 15mins long.. i have been getting around 7mins a game in actual trigger time. Even if i drop a game during the day to pit for the team.. its still 3 x 7mins minimun playing time during the day.
When u think that, with a bit of bad luck ( getting hit of the break etc ), its possible that you could only get 2 mins of playing time per game in a normal format, the cost is well worth it.

Paint cost... well... i guess that depends on how you play... possible average 1 1/2 boxes a day ?

Anyone else using more or less ?...

Hope this helps a little.. and sorry for any typo's