Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula 5's 20/4/2014

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Well I got back from formula 5's yesterday and I was marshalling. What a great day was had by all very fair and competitive play all day. Had great fun keeping players in check, although all players done a great job of checking themselves and made the reffing job very easy. It's just a shame that two teams pull out at the last minute.

I find that the formula 5's series is a very friendly series with support for new and up and coming team being offered at every opportunity. I know this because up until this season I was running a new team for three years at this series with a mate of mine. Unfortunately for various reasons players have moved on and they are doing very well in other teams.

So if your a new team or player and your looking to move your game on,and training is good for this but you will never get more time playing on a field in a tournament than playing formula 5's. Don't think formula 5's is a fad or easy and don't push it aside. They get the best teams and players along to these events and the field is one of the best I've played on.

Get yourselves booked in. The next event is 25th may. contact details can be found on here somewhere.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Well said mate.

The Formula 5 is like a breath of fresh air. I must admit that a few years ago I was getting the hump with playing 5 man as you were only getting 1 to 2 minutes (if that) of actual trigger time per game, and due to this I did consider packing up of playing.

The Redskins took the leap with John Sosta to play this event and we have now been playing this from the beginning for 3 odd years.

It does not matter on your actual playing ability as youngsters and the old-uns (Even Marcus from the Preds played this yesterday) can do this. We have a team mate who loved this and retired at the end of 2013 and he was 65 and still played.

John Sosta and his family have put a lot of time effort and money into this event and format, it really works and is so good to play. 10 minute games and it does not matter if you get shot, just run back to your deadbox and get another player out.

As Madness said, there is no whinging, whining or bitchiness, its just good wholesome Paintball, and after the games Sosta gets out his champagne collection for the teams to spray around each other in true Formula 1 style.

So anyone interested in playing this can go to the Formula 5 website and get more info, or if you want more info you can always ask either me or @WingNut from the Redskins or @madness

Hope to see you all there soon.

Phil
Redskins.

Reactions: madness

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Well done @phil-boy on your placing yesterday. I will say the photos of your teammates playing sometimes show an unorthodox style of play but you still get the job done. Then when you look at bonich and some of the madness he gets away with on the field anything goes. Well done again.