Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Formula Five - New tournament concept

Candy

Dec 13, 2005
Romford, Essex
Visit site
Right guys and girls,

Here i have the new concept explained to all, played on sup-air its a great cost-effective way of playing tournament paintball. And unlike major tournaments you are guaranteed at least 40 mins field time per event :D

Priced at £35 per man each team needs a minimum of 5 players but can bring up to 10, you can bring your own paint or purchase from the site.

Each game lasts 10 minutes and the main objective is to press your timer and stop the opposition turning it off. You score points for the length of time that your timer is running and you can stop the other team scoring points by turning their timer off. You also earn points for every man that you shoot, however once a player is shot, they go back to their end, are noted as being hit and as soon as they arrive back another player can go out onto field. Meaning that their should always be 5 men on field. So that players know when their timer is running and thier points are clocking up, a light will be flashing at the top of their area. Should a player run out of paint or air, they will go back to their area to refill but their team will lose a point because of this.

The field is 70m long, broken down into a 40m centre section and 2 15m sections at each end. Each team is allowed into their own 15m section and anywhere in the centre 40m section, however is not allowed to cross over into the oppositions 15m section.

The first tournament will be held in colchester on the 16th August and we are looking for a minimum of 10 teams.
These will be broken down into two divisions of 5, giving every team a minimum of 4 10 minute games. The winners of each division will then play each other to determine the overall winner, so division winners get 5 10 minute games.

Gun rules are as follows:
280fps
No ramping limit

We are offering a free place to a team willing to help clean and take down the field at the end of the day.

So guys, book early to avoid dissapointment and give the new game a try!For more details phone john or ray on the numbers posted below.

Kelsey Cain on Behalf of John Sosta and Ray Cain
John Sosta - 07725 560000
Ray Cain - 07703 530189

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Intersesting to see how it works as I can see two scenarios:

1. Both teams stand in a line 'guarding' thier buzzer hurling paint at each other from afar for 10mins or...

2. Teams just running down one end of the field in a mass run through knowing they will probably hit the timer (losing one or two players in the process) then running back to guard their timers.

Also what stops people shooting a team out then just posting up on where the new players enter the field thus eliminating them straight away?

Obviously you have put a lot of thought into it so will have most eventualities planned for,

As Kitty said unlimited ramping :eek: theres 30bps then from everyone

As I said I look forward to hearing back players comments from the day and best of luck with it.

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
Sounds like a good idea to me, but there is one problem that i can see. You said that players would be penalised if they run out of paint and/or air, but this seems unfair because teams with more players will get penalised less as they can swap about each time a player is eliminated possibly creating an unfair advantage between 5 and 10 man teams?? Or are only 5 of each team's players allowed to participate per individual game?

ses_paintball

Jan 13, 2009
Basildon Essex
sounds like a good idea, if it goes ahead Distortion will go as we are always on the look for local tournaments, we would be fine to help clear up at the end.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Intersesting to see how it works as I can see two scenarios:

1. Both teams stand in a line 'guarding' thier buzzer hurling paint at each other from afar for 10mins or...

2. Teams just running down one end of the field in a mass run through knowing they will probably hit the timer (losing one or two players in the process) then running back to guard their timers.

Also what stops people shooting a team out then just posting up on where the new players enter the field thus eliminating them straight away?

Obviously you have put a lot of thought into it so will have most eventualities planned for,

As I said I look forward to hearing back players comments from the day and best of luck with it.
Tested this format the other weekend, and its pretty good. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

The field is HUGE, contains like 3 or 4 xball fields. Around your start gate are a myriad of large bunkers. Even with players posted on you, there is time to get into somewhere. The trick is to then use teamwork to get rid of these players and then take some real estate of your own. Its a real battle, constantly back and forth. Other thing is you can post up, but you only have like 3 - 4 pots, so you cant just shoot constantly.

Yep, no gun restraints. And guess what, no-one died :) Thing is, you shoot all your paint in 3 seconds, you have to go get more, which means your team score suffers. Same if you run out of air. So you have to pick your shots wisely, and then you have a burst of speed if needed. I ran my mini on 10bps all day, but some people there were easy shooting at 18-20bps ramping.

The game played really well, and I would love to try it out again but against some different teams. Just to see how they tackle it.

First day of playing paintball that I have really enjoyed for a long time.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Sounds like a good idea to me, but there is one problem that i can see. You said that players would be penalised if they run out of paint and/or air, but this seems unfair because teams with more players will get penalised less as they can swap about each time a player is eliminated possibly creating an unfair advantage between 5 and 10 man teams?? Or are only 5 of each team's players allowed to participate per individual game?
I think you are thinking about it backward :) (no offence)

Think of it like this. Each team is allocated points, and if you run out of paint because you shot it all you go get more, and you are docked points from the total score. But you also gain points from shooting people, so just be more accurate and canny with the paint supply and you wont lose too many points from paint. 5 players on field constantly, one comes off, one goes on.

The real objective is the buzzer. The buzzer is located in the centre of the field, about 2m in the air on a telegraph pole. The X from an Xball field is laying down with the pole in one of the side V's of the X. Your button that you need to press is on the opponents side of the pole, and vice versa. Quite tricky to reach up in the middle of a game to press the thing lol :D
Buzzer has a 2 visible timers (like a smaller version of the Xball scoreboard) so when you hit the buzzer, your clock starts ticking, and if they take the buzzer, then their clock starts ticking and yours stops.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
We played the trials with Bolter and his crew last week. It is a very enjoyable game to play and very intense. You are playing very hard for the duration of the game and running backwards and forwards when you are eliminated/respawned to enable the next player to come on ASAP/replacing a player.

We are all Scenario players (SPS and Warren Wood Rangers) and thoroughly enjoyed playing the format. You sup air guys are going to love it. You may even find some of us running around your bouncy castles in our combats at the tournament.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Cheers Bolter, makes it clearer now for me and sounds interesting :)

No problem.

This is a good picture to show you the scale of the field. Dan is in the temple which is on his 15m line. The laydown X (you can see the pole and buzzer) you see and the other big bunkers are the centre of the field. Then there is the same the other half. 5 guys on each side, you can literally lose people, albeit momentarily.

ooh look its a pic of me, how'd that get in here :eek:

Thanks to Niall for the photos :) legend!

Edit: speak of the devil! Hi Niall :)