Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Forsale etc threads

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
No for sale posts without pics...liking that idea a lot :)
There is the issue of some people not being able to do pics?

If you can't do pics then fair enough, if you post without pics and then add them later then you get beaten with the ban stick:p

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
but surely the buyer has a right to see what they are buying ?
The buyer does have the right to see what they are buying, but should some kid get stopped from trying to sell something if they do not have access to a digital camera?

If you can't see a picture, then you don't have to try to buy it as you have the right to walk away, but someone else may be more local to the item being sold and a meeting could be arranged at an event for example, and the item gets sold.

But my point is, should someone be banned from selling if they cannot actually photograph something?:(

It's the timewasters who post an item for sale and then put the pictures up 7 days and 93 requests later that annoy me.

dave t

GWC #25
Oct 25, 2001
North East
Visit site
The buyer does have the right to see what they are buying, but should some kid get stopped from trying to sell something if they do not have access to a digital camera?
there's probably only a dozen people left in mainland UK who either dont have a camera phone or a mate who has a camera phone :D
and most of those dozen dont have the internet either so are unlikely to be buying or selling on here :D:D

even a crappy pic would give a clue as to the condition of the item for sale :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

If you can't see a picture, then you don't have to try to buy it as you have the right to walk away, but someone else may be more local to the item being sold and a meeting could be arranged at an event for example, and the item gets sold.

But my point is, should someone be banned from selling if they cannot actually photograph something?:(

It's the timewasters who post an item for sale and then put the pictures up 7 days and 93 requests later that annoy me.
Realistically who doesn't have a digital camera now? If they are savvy enough to sell over the internet, they can figure out how to get some pics up.

It takes very little effort to sort photos, and if someone isn't prepared to take a photo would you buy from them?

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Realistically who doesn't have a digital camera now? If they are savvy enough to sell over the internet, they can figure out how to get some pics up.

It takes very little effort to sort photos, and if someone isn't prepared to take a photo would you buy from them?
i know the likelihood of someone not owning a camera is minimal, but my point is that should we "potentially" punish someone for not owning a camera, rather than punishing someone for being a lazy twonk!

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
The PB community is diminishing as it is, do you think more rules are the answer?

On one hand, it'll make people who are currently playing, and those leaving the sport more annoyed, but it'll give more security to those joining.

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
i know the likelihood of someone not owning a camera is minimal, but my point is that should we "potentially" punish someone for not owning a camera, rather than punishing someone for being a lazy twonk!
Making pictures compulsory in all for-sale adverts would be a step in the right direction.

I understand the point being made regarding making the small minority that dont own a digital camera or camera phone not being able to sell items on the forum.

But pictures are a buyers only guarantee that the seller owns the kit they are advertising, especially if it became compulsory to have your user name and date written down and shown in the picture. Just an idea. :D

While some would say that is getting too complicated, it doesn't take 2 minutes to write those details down and include them in the picture. And at the same time we would be making the forum a safer place to buy kit from second hand meaning less fraudulent adverts and less new players being put off playing by being ripped off on some of their first purchases.

I know this isn't of concern to most on the forum when selling due to being well known by others and many having feed back threads but making buying second hand kit less risky would surely benefit all players from newbie to pro.

So while some may argue that making pictures compulsory in all adverts will restrict the small amount of people without access to a camera, at the same time it would make sure all members especially the new wouldn't be put off the sport by being stitched up by some scammer when they are spending a fair amount of their hard earned trying to get into paint balling and buy their own kit.

And as mentioned before, would you trust someone to wrap and package a high end marker safely and carefully, label it with your address clearly and post it as quickly as possible when they couldn't make the effort to put pictures in the advert?