Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Forsale etc threads

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
maybe pictures should only be compulsory for people without a certain number of positive posts in their feedback thread, although that would probably be too much of a pain in the nuts to police. This is just me trying to get out of having to post pics up, im a lazy arse :D

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...or restrict posting 'for sale' items in the classifieds to plat members only. Anyone can buy, just plats can sell. Remember people, being able to sell your gear on here is a privilege - maybe it's time to charge a fee for it (ie. plat membership)?

This also gives the buyer some sort of security - as all plats details are kept in a locked shoe box under Robbo's stairs.

It's only £8 per year - do it :).

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
It's still flawed. Anyone can still get a platinum membership, it's not regulated to who can buy it, so the sneaky thieves can still scam people.

P8ntballer might also lose a large chunk of it's custom to other forums that don't charge a fee.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I thought plat members had to give their name and address (or was that just to do with PGi)?

I know the forum gods have my details - as I paid via. Paypal.

So it's not so easy for scammers that way.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
so the sneaky thieves can still scam people.
£8 expendature for the membership,
£40 for a cheap digital camera,
£500 sale price for a shiney marker,
£0.01 for a piece of paper with your name on it.
the satisfaction of scamming....
priceless!
And for all proper purchases there's barclycard;)

infest

Old slow and covered
Jan 1, 2009
ashford kent
I thought plat members had to give their name and address (or was that just to do with PGi)?

I know the forum gods have my details - as I paid via. Paypal.

So it's not so easy for scammers that way.
just cos they have plat dont stop them some people dont tell the truth and then dont answer pms

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
The thing is the people who tend to ask for pics might not trade as much on here and saying that every listing has to have a pic is a good idea but surely if somebody is selling a pair of gloves for argument sake do we all really want to see what it looks like on every thread ??

I think there should be limits as to what you should take pics of. At the end of the day isnt up to the seller to promote what he/she sells if they dont have a pic then it may not sell as well as if it did have a picture ?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The thing is the people who tend to ask for pics might not trade as much on here and saying that every listing has to have a pic is a good idea but surely if somebody is selling a pair of gloves for argument sake do we all really want to see what it looks like on every thread ??

To be honest, yes you do need pics. As no new items are allowed to be sold in the classifieds, the condition of used items is very important...especially gloves.;)