Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Forum Hacked?

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I got it as well, as of right now, I have to put my password in Every time I go to this site, It won't allow me to just click and be on P8ntballer site, it does ask if I`d like to be remembered so to get on site, But, it takes no notice and I have to do it all over again to get on ?? >>> Every Time !!
>> Bluey

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
I got it as well, as of right now, I have to put my password in Every time I go to this site, It won't allow me to just click and be on P8ntballer site, it does ask if I`d like to be remembered so to get on site, But, it takes no notice and I have to do it all over again to get on ?? >>> Every Time !!
>> Bluey
Should have fixed that also now.

Kyle_W

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just to confirm, everything on P8nt is secure, it just happened that @Bolter was being very naughty and re-using his passwords!

Fortunately, only a limited number of users were alerted/emailed and it went no further than that.

Hopefully nobody clicked that link, and it seems all antivirus programs picked it up so even those who did should be ok.

This just goes to show why password re-use is a very bad idea, and I would suggest people look into using a secure password manager such as lastpass to ensure you have unique passwords on every site, and enable 2 factor authentication where possible.

As an example, if I generate a new password right now with lastpass, this is what it spits out: eB*8tmUdhArNaAJf4!Vc7kT9ZTmWq*J*9C!

Every site I sign upto has a similarly complex password, and means if one of those sites ever gets compromised, it won't effect my account on any others, so I would suggest using it!

Regards

Admin
I like the sound of this type of tool however, being unaware of lastpass, is this a "password safe" for your desktop that auto logs into the sites you visit? if so, how are these passwords protected? Conern i have is would this not mean a single password is needed to access Lastpass which in turn provides usernames and passwords for all sites or systems it holds details for? Suppose this is only true if my PC is hacked and the attack looks for the programme and is designed to break it and has the single password :confused: