Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fps increase with Tipx remote line?

adria_mosso

May 5, 2017
Im planning on install the remote line adapter to my tipx and go with hpa, but it seems they cant reach decent fps with it.
Also i see a LOT of people using this system, but do they manage to get nice fps? How?
I've also read some ppl using higher output tank, putting tcr valve, modding stock valve, etc.
Any legit solution?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Im planning on install the remote line adapter to my tipx and go with hpa, but it seems they cant reach decent fps with it.
Also i see a LOT of people using this system, but do they manage to get nice fps? How?
I've also read some ppl using higher output tank, putting tcr valve, modding stock valve, etc.
Any legit solution?
The main difference in going to remote line is the change from 12 gram co2 to regulated air

For a lot of events that I've taken pistols in they have had a requirement for 250fps rather than 280fps

Either due to:
A few years ago we had a common set of scenario rules which set
280fps for air,
250fps for co2 (to compensate for unregulated spiking),
250fps for pistols (to compensate for 6 ft lbs / 12 ft lbs on air weapon legislation with pistols at 6 ft lbs - but it could be argued that full paintball guns still aren't rifles)
250fps for indoor / cqb / night games

But i have also used pistols at 280fps on co2 and air
It may vary on personal circumstances, and also on the air systems regulator output

Back in the day air systems were introduced with output regulators at approx 800/850psi to give the equivalent of co2
Since then output regulators have gone down to more like 400-600psi
Some peoples issues could be the cylinder and it's regulator

Other people's experience could be that they are trying to play at 300fps (which is the uk velocity limit under case law, and the velocity used in tournaments)

I can also confirm that I have fired other people's pistols over the chrono at major velocity far in excess of 300fps. So the individual regulator output is a likely culprit

Reactions: adria_mosso

adria_mosso

May 5, 2017
Hpa seems better because:
- Better consistency
- Not a cooling gas, so orings and internals are safer
- Can refill at my local field
- Not having to worry about changing cartridge every 20 rounds

But the only issue i see is paintballs may not breaking on target due to low velocity.
If i could fix this issue, im ordering mags and remote for my tipx

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
If Tom is right you may just need to ramp up the pressure on your reg. As you have an adjustable reg on your bottle this should be relatively easy.

From the Guerilla air blurb:
The 13ci/3000psi P3 HPA air system features the P3 adjustable position regulator which is the lowest profile paintball regulator on the market measuring just .75 inch from the tank to ASA. The P3 includes the PRO low profile burst disks, the hardened PRO fill nipple with conical strut, rotating brass threads and replaceable brass top flange. The regulator is 100% user serviceable using only two allen keys to remove any part on the regulator. It also comes preset with a standard output of 800 psi with the ability to increase the pressure to 920 psi through the use of shims packaged with the regulator with other mid and low pressure spring kits available for a pressure range between 275 psi and 1100 psi.

I would turn up your pressure and see if that increases your fps, if it does not must be something else as your bottle should be outputting 8000/850 psi now same as CO2 but it may be reduced due to your use of remote line, pushing the pressure higher from the tank may resolve this.

SD

Reactions: adria_mosso

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
A remote line shouldn't reduce pressure, unless there's something wrong with it. One thing that can happen with remote lines and is down to user error is the on/off knob on the bottle end can be screwed in too far thus restricting the air flow.

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
its a common problem when changing a tipx from co2 to air, some come up to 280 on air some just dont, the easyest fix is to fit the tcr internals, in which the valve has more air capacity fixing the issue, i personally dremmeld the inside of the valve to do the same job