Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fraudulent activity by a buyer/WARNING TO ALL MEMBERS

topsy_86

Cardinals
Sep 2, 2011
Yeovil
Hi,
i dont know where to go about this and dont want a public issue.
i sold an item on here and posted it on the 1st of may. on the 7th received a paypal dispute over the item with no correspondence. i contacted him through the forum and told him i had misplaced the tracking number and had tried to find the status of the package but couldnt and asked if he would wait until the 10th to see if it arrived and if it hadnt i would refund it. he then upped it to a claim and told paypal he hadnt heard from me and demanded a refund of which i gave as i couldnt prove delivery.
since then i have found the receipt and the tracking number shows he recieved and signed for it on the 3rd, i have a copy of the signature but paypal canot stop the refund or reclaim it, due to this i am minus £50 or a set of DYE I4's inc 3 lenses however you look at it.
i have emailed him and contact the police/solicitor but thought this should be known on the forum and see if you had any advice.

Thanks, Matt

original sale thread:
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/dye-i4-x7-phenom-accessories-and-playing-trousers.157313/#post-1421440

topsy_86

Cardinals
Sep 2, 2011
Yeovil
Swiftkit

This guy right ?
Yes thats him, he has gotten in contact with me after the email i sent him informed that i would be opening a fraud case against him. pretty thin story as to the reason for making a claim against me though if i am honest with some pretty big holes in it.
PM if you would like details as i have copies of everything and can provide more details if required. I believe this person to be untrustworthy and thought it should be flagged up.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You ought to have responded to the PayPal dispute through PayPal which would have prevented him from claiming you were not communicating

For now you can raise an issue with PayPal that he is acting fraudulently, and try to get interest from the police / small claims. The police are free, small claims comes with a cost

If anyone on here knows him they might have a polite word

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
This has been going on with Ebay buyers for some time now, as paypal will always find in favour of the buyer the recipient is claiming damage or not as described and then offering not to file a claim in return for a discount or partial refund.

Swiftkit you would need to be replying to this thread sharpish.

topsy_86

Cardinals
Sep 2, 2011
Yeovil
Hes agreed to repay the refund now he has been caught out however i doubt he would if i hadnt proved he had lied. he said in an email that his dad picked it up for him and hadnt told him for10 days even though the signature at the post office was his as i have a copy of it from the postoffice..... doesnt add up to me personally, i will only be happy once i have the money returned.
Its really annoyed me as i honestly tried to help him out as i felt bad thinking he hadnt received the item hence the refund.

topsy_86

Cardinals
Sep 2, 2011
Yeovil
topsy_86 have you received your full refund??
Not yet, i was sent this email:

Hi Matt
It turns out over all that my dad actually picked these up for me and took them to work with him unaware of their importance, I have only this morning been in contact with him where he has confirmed he picked them up.
For this mistake I shall be refunding you the £50 you are owed.
Unfortunately I have not yet received the payment into my bank and PayPal have told me that this should be in there the next 3 days, as soon as this is in my bank I shall refund you.
If you can't wait 3 days and wish to take this further then I am more than happy to assist and explain the mistaken situation, you will have £50 back as soon as I've received it.
Thanks alot
By the way the goggles are brilliant thank you.
Jamie

This would have been a reasonable excuse if he hadnt signed for the package using his own name!!
Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Lofthouse-Hill