Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

freak barrel boring.

BayBlade

1 of 1....
Jan 23, 2014
Don't know where to put this, if this is the wrong place i am sorry plz point me in the right direction.

Is there anyone on the forums that dose freak barrel boring, i am wanting an dye UL barrel back boring to take freak inserts.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Have a search on PBnation lots of threads on the subject.
I think Gommie can do it and uses the small inserts due to the drilled hole getting tighter as it goes further up the barrel back.The longer inserts get stuck.
Or go Carbon barrel like Deadly wind,with freak kit cheap enough second hand.
Personaly I just use Planet Eclipse shaft barrel backs in different sizes 685 seems to suit most paint,and is as accurate as you can get with decent paint.

BayBlade

1 of 1....
Jan 23, 2014
I think Gommie can do it and uses the small inserts due to the drilled hole getting tighter as it goes further up the barrel back.The longer inserts get stuck.
Personaly I just use Planet Eclipse shaft barrel backs in different sizes 685 seems to suit most paint,and is as accurate as you can get with decent paint.
u have custom ano dye UL and Deadlywind whip tip so would be nice to use it.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Exactly where I found about the service... just would prefer to avoid shipping to the US if possible!

Already have DW, freak and many PE barrels. Just interested in seeing the outcome and something else to tinker with! ;)

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Gommie does boring for a mini freak insert (cut down standard inserts), the reason its not widely offered is its not as straight forward as people think, its a long way down using a small diameter boring bar, and you get quite bad push off further down you go into the barrel, on a cnc lathe you can adjust the taper but then its just not cost effective.
Also even the people that do offer the service ive not seen 1 that's been done correctly even the mini inserts, the reason I say this as genuine freak backs have 2 internal orings which stop the insert from moving around once in place, if you don't have these there is nothing stopping the insert from twisting or vibrating ;)

Reactions: BayBlade and EELZ

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
There's a few people that do it in the states and I did have one done years ago in the uk but the blokes not around anymore. However there isn't really a reason to unless your talking about a marker that you can't get a freak back for / deadly winds barrel etc.

The one I had done was for an old taso pump, it's a good job, the inserts straight and tight.

Most of the services doing it in the states started up because of the phantom, but now CCI offer a bored barrel straight from the factory.

BayBlade

1 of 1....
Jan 23, 2014
am not send off to usa, so i think al just get some more ul backs match to the marker