Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Freak Barrel Insert kit.

TinFish

Retired Baller
Nov 13, 2006
Northumberland
www.killstarz.com
Ok, i've got a Freak barrel system for my ion. it consists of the Stainless steel freak back a (i think .691) insert and the 12" freak front.

my question is....will buying the Insert kit increase acuracy/ball flight etc?
I noticed last time i played that a good few balls where flying a rather steep curve. I was thinking maybe this was down to bad paint/bore match?

how do i know which bore size is best for the paint im using? obviously paint differs slightly form box to box but say im firing 1 box of paint...how do i check to see which bore size will best fit the paint im shooting?

cheers
Dan

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
best way to check it it put ball in insert and blow it through. if it takes all your puff to get it through its to small, if it falls throu its to big get the idea.

having the extra bore sizes will help a lot, you can match the right bore to the paint your using.

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
meaning less paint breaks, and less curve balls?

I dont get a great deal of paint breaking in the barrel but last time i had a good 3-4 breaks throughout the day.
might not be down to bore match if it was wud be bad all the time, could just be the odd bad ball.

was the paint out the same box? or you use more than 1 box?

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
if you get hold of one cheap enough then yer go for it :D

im not sure but think some one had some inserts for sale on here.

Jakey C

Jake Cross
May 28, 2006
wirral
Go for the likes of the dye ultralite or the new lucky sets there ment to be pretty good no faffing around putting inserts in either