The Home Of European Paintball

Freak barrel question.

Braz2

Spotty Male Totty
Apr 6, 2002
SE England
Visit site
Hi guys.

Just a simple question i need answering.

I am thinking of getting a Freak Barrel for my Pirahna EXT PRO G3 marker. The guy at my local paintball shop suggested getting a Freak Junior instead but had no idea why.

What is the difference between a Freak and a Freak Junior?

And will either of these make a difference to my accuracy etc?

Cheers for any help guy's.

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
well

the freak is better in my opinion, if u buy the whole thing it has 8 inserts so there is very few barrel breaks and the freak junior is a cheaper version of the freak but doesnt come with the inserts, not much improvement in acuracy but alot less ball breaks:)

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
The Freak comes in threads for Angels, Cockers, Impulses, Bushies, Spyders etc., but the Freak Junior only comes in threads for the Tippman and the Spyder (you know that Pirahna's have Spyder thread?) The Freak Junior, only comes with one insert (6.93) and only done in aluminium.
I think basically its a cheaper version but basically the same thing. The accuracy should be the same as it still uses the same inserts.
I just ordered a Deluxe Freak Set which comes with all the inserts but even though the Freak Junior only comes with one insert, you can buy other inserts individually if you need them.
I dont actually know the main difference between the standard Freak and the Junior, but if you want more than one insert, get the standard Freak which comes with 2 inserts of your choice, 10" - 18", and stainless steel back if you want instead of the all black aluminium Junior.

(Anyone feel free to correct me on any information)