Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

front player gun

jwstriker

Jul 25, 2002
LA
Visit site
Pardon the interruption:

This thread is prolly a rerun but can some front players give me some advice on a front gun? I was almost certainly getting an angel but then i see all these cocker played by the pros and in the magazines. Its confusing, i want: stable, consistent rate of fire, gas consistency, good accuracy at least inside 30 yards(i know alot of this depends on barrles but humor me), and not alot of techie type maintenance. Help me out here!

Considering:

1. Angel LCD C&C w/ AIR on drop forward(for tight)

2. STO or BLACK MAGIC Cocker

3. Oracle

Ive heard the maintenance nightmares about cockers getting out of timing and stuff so the angels is my first choice. Hell this is a big investment dont want to blow it!
:confused: :confused:

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Cocker STO on CO2: Borrowed 1 for a season.
Tricky timing and low rate of fire (got a lazy finger i guess:eek:). Accuracy wasn't too good, but then again neither was the barrel. Strange enough consistency wasn't so bad (on CO2 & all:confused:).

Stock Angel 2K: Have it 4 2 seasons now.
Nice compact gun, the Center Flag's Maxflow 201 spoils it a bit but got used to it.
Sensitive:D trigger.
Not TOO accurate but thats probably just me:(.
Some initial problems over speed drops (reversed spring inside mini reg).
Always ready to sling sum paint (awesome).
Consistency improved with a Dezign costum bolt (reel sweet now).

Hope this helps.

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
get an eblade on an SFL cocker (lightest marker ive eva held) is swwwweeeeeeeeeeeeettttt. All the acuracy of a cocker, VERY light weight SFL and amazing speed (like an angel in each hand). Also the eblade has anti chop eye and cockers are pretty easy to maintain.

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
ok,

i use a cocker for front, spose its the only i can afford:)

but i think its the best thing for me, it may not have a high rate of fire, but it is very accurate.

I am using an old Evo 97 with a barrel i have never seen before.
But u dont need high rates of fire. sometimes i hardly go into my second pot and ive alrdy taken down 2 ppl[probly aint alot to u all hotshots out there] but it is to me:).

Cockers aint that hard to maintaine, all u need to do is clean it after evry game, and a little bit of oil on the bolt, and thats it.
Even tho i havent timed my cocker before, i have heard it sometimes can be tricky?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
i play front with a C+C LCD and it rocks!!!it is fast and accurate, i have a JT 2 piece barrel, i have NEVER chopped or spunked a ball and the gun is ridiculously consistent. Have not had any tech problems with the gun, and it is very easy to clean and maintain.

oh.....and it looks like the dogs boll*cks!!!!!!!!!!!

Go For An Angel!!!!!

you wont regret it in the long term!!!

sam :D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
One thing you must bear in mind is that Cockers & Angels have a very, very different feel to each other. I love the feel of an Angel (pity it's a cr*p back players marker unlike my new Impy) & just can't get on with Cockers. However Sparklie, one of my fellow backs, adores Cockers but loathed my Angel.

You really need to try both out, preferably more than just over a chrony, to see which type you get on with better.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
ive said it b4 and ill say it again, what maker a player goes for is purely personal prefferance.
in my opinion (and thats all it is)
The cocker is a nice reliable gun (as long as you dont mess with it too much) and is as accurate as stink with a half decent barrel.
It also has huge potential for upgrade and customisation.

The angel is a fast marker, and has lots of bells and whistles. i personally dont rate it though. its not anywhere near as accurate as it should be for the price tag. dont know about reliability ive never had one. but there it a bit too much that can go wrong with them.

have you considered a nice impy. if you want rate of fire, they are up there with the best of them. they are light weight, and pretty accurate. they are also cheaper than an angel.

the trick is to go to a tourney, or a local walk on day and pester every paintballer there with a gun you want to try, and try it. especially try to have a game with it, then and only then will you really know if you like it.

never let anyone tell you GET THIS, ITS BETTER THAN THAT COS I HAVE ONE. if all the markers on the market didnt have their strengths no-one would use em. youve just gotta find the marker you like the most. trust me, there will be one you pick up, and never want to put down.

im done now