Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fundamental & Essential Skills

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Switching hands, this is taking me ages to get sorted but i can already see a massive advantage when playing. Opening up so many more angles i never even thought about.
it also enables you to move on your weak side leading with your gun,enabling you to put in the player who would shoot that lane .Your gun is a bunker it opens up movement ,by having both sides available you double your options

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
on my own i do snap shoting, laning of the break drills but with other players, 4 on 2s, 1 minute or even 30 seconds points to practice breakouts. like a game of chess those first initial moves dictate how the rest of the game is guna play out...

Chaz987

That guy
Jul 5, 2011
Swindon
Takes time but; learn how your backer/forward plays to a T.

Ive got a new backer in and Im lucky as Ive known him for a long time, so I know his mind set, but guy before him I couldnt get to grips with how he played, so I couldnt play accordingly. Didnt always have the right cover etc.

Otherwise practice makes perfect, only along with confidence, get through the adrenaline quick.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Most of the times I got eliminated was because of poor hiding and/or being hitted when running to the 1st cover.
Also, being aware of where your opponent and your mates are, but do not know how to improve on this!

Chaz987

That guy
Jul 5, 2011
Swindon
Most of the times I got eliminated was because of poor hiding and/or being hitted when running to the 1st cover.
Also, being aware of where your opponent and your mates are, but do not know how to improve on this!
Continuous communication, cant stress that enough to the back players out there.

Reactions: Ballantin

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Yep you are probably right. Unfortunately I'm not English. This is not bad, but it adds a handicap for me, as I need to get used to the way the people I am playing with talks, and some times it cost me a bit more of time to understand other's announcements, in the heat of the match.

Chaz987

That guy
Jul 5, 2011
Swindon
Yep you are probably right. Unfortunately I'm not English. This is not bad, but it adds a handicap for me, as I need to get used to the way the people I am playing with talks, and some times it cost me a bit more of time to understand other's announcements, in the heat of the match.
To be honest everyone calls different bunkers by different names, so its always a bit confusing :)

Reactions: Ballantin

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Soemthing you can practice alone or as a team,is your first ball skill. Pros spend a lot of time doing this early season. At CPPS it is the main difference as surviving the break ,between the Elite and div1is noticeable .When we were in the car park people actually shot lanes over the top into the car park,from the bottom field! If you are up for a good drill one ball drill against a team mate ,with no bunkers. with training paint and if your new ,you will be quite suprised how little some folk can hit even a stationary figure,never mind a moving one