Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

game formats

dannykay

Jan 10, 2016
Wasn't sure where to put this but it's a very 'newbie' kind of post so i put it in here..

Could someone explain the different types of paintball? I have noticed there's Magfed, woodsball and scenario? What do they entail and is there anymore?

once again sorry for the noob post. I did read through the massive terminology post however these terms weren't on there.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Start with the easy one - woodsball is in the woods
Just the place it is played, and the most common form of paintball site
Punter paintball and walkon paintball are typically played in the woods - just because that's where most sites are

Scenario is a game with a theme, there is a storyline
The theme could be very loose, and thrn you just go out and shoot people, or it can be integrated into the game play with missions and objectives based on the scenario theme

Magfed describes the equipment used. Instead of a hopper on top you use a magazine
You can use a magfed gun at pretty much any paintball game, but can also have a magfed game format which could be a magfed scenario. If the game is magfed then either pure magfed means you can only use a magfed gun, if magfed limited format then people may be allowed other guns with a small 50 shot hopper, tube feed or pump action guns

Magfed is not to be confused with milsim (military simulation). Magfed links closely to milsim but milsim existed long before magfed was possible and you don't have to play milsim if your gun is magfed

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Other common types are tournament / supair.
Tournament is competitive paintball, it began in the woods. Go to any paintball site and you will see a barricade field, but this has moved onto using inflatables in open flat fields (sup air)

Things in paintball go round in circles, so though 'professional' paintball is to be found in the tournament with supair people have returned to the woods with competitive play, they may be woods players trying a tournament, old tournament players going back to the woods, or any kind of player just playing it

More styles include indoor or urban sites, underground tunnels, old or current army training areas, a closed down shopping centre .... And on and on

Some are ocasional sites such as drakelow tunnels, and sennybridge or copehill down, and a total one off such as reading shopping centre (the game was poorly run by a team on their first event and suitable only for limited paint and numbers - so there won't be another)

dannykay

Jan 10, 2016
I was struggling with this milslim term to. I thought it was a manufacture of a gun? But it's just a style of design?

Shopping centres / tunnels? This sounds exciting! Do these settings ever happen often?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I was struggling with this milslim term to. I thought it was a manufacture of a gun? But it's just a style of design?

Shopping centres / tunnels? This sounds exciting! Do these settings ever happen often?
Milsim is a style, but there is a milsig brand

Shopping centres are lost to us for now. It's the closed down Reading shopping centre, and is still available to airsofters
It's a great venue but has major problems with paintball - we played throughout and were in the corridors, shops and down below. This meant the surface was carpet, marble, wooden and concrete. Add lots of paint and it became an ice rink, then add sawdust to soak the paint and it added to the slips because either it was too late or still was unsuitable
Too much paint and too many players - but to do the numbers for money viability it wasn't very viable
You need the money to hire and clean the venue, but the more players and paint shot to raise the money the worse it got

Drakelow happens every now and then. Demon paintball run events there

Watch the forum for games coming up, the paintball calendar website and Facebook
Sadly Facebook has become the lead for paintball information but it's highly fragmented, which is good for specific information on a particular organizer or style, but had for getting to know what is going on if you're not on the 'right' page