Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gaming becomes a "sport"

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
It has an absolute massive following in Asia and especially South korea where they have to channels dedicated to showing star craft games all day.

I have a good friend who was one of the first sponsored and paid female professional gamers she even did a ted talk about it, and did announcer work for events.

PB would need a lot more marketing to larger demographics. Although the mills broadcasts are really good for spectators when they switch between two games and there isn't a lot of downtime.

If someone can convince red bull media to get interested we have a serious shot.

Reactions: Rat

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Paintball as a recognized sport rears its head every now and then. There are plenty threads, but searching the forum for olympics will bring most of it

The first step to recognition by sports england is for enough players to be members of the recognized body

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
one of the guys who used to work for me left last year because he got a spot on some gaming team (league of legends mainly) I think his first tournament he won 2.5K .
mind you he was a massive nerd. nice guy but a massive nerd.

arsnova

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Feb 8, 2014
Porto-Portugal
As much as the clout would be good, Im not sure those brands should be associated with athletes.
I believe tha red bull, as a energy drink, would be great..
Once i've contacted MONSTER to a possible sponsorship but they said that paintball is not a sport they would consider to sponsor

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Big name brand association with paintball could theoretically bring in money and publicity, but they need something out of it
Long way to go before paintball can offer something to the big brands