Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

gas bottle

joeslewis

Aug 24, 2015
Getting into the sport and am getting my own marker and was wondering what kind of bottle I should get to start with

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Depends on your budget to be honest. Their is nothing wrong with the Aluminium 3000psi bottles such as this;

http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/empire-48cu-hpa-tank

They can be used at sites and tournaments across the country. If you have a greater budget look at getting a 4.5k carbon wrapped tank, this is the most common type of bottle used in tournaments used across the UK.

Such as this;

http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/dye-core-air-tank

second hand bottles can be picked up for £70-120, just make sure they are in test, have plenty of life left and come from a reputable seller who will have taken care of it appropriately.

Reactions: Mugged2Much

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
Sid's advice is solid.

I'll just add that the aluminium tanks are heavier than the composite ones, causing the marker to be kind of back heavy - but they work great, and if you're looking at a cost effective package they are the way to go.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Sid's advice is solid.

I'll just add that the aluminium tanks are heavier than the composite ones, causing the marker to be kind of back heavy - but they work great, and if you're looking at a cost effective package they are the way to go.
I'll disagree on weight
There is a difference between equivalent cylinders but you have to hold them to compare or be weak for it to make a difference

My first fibre was in fact heavier then my aluminium - because it was bigger

Balance and ergonomics is more important, remember it's going to have a hopper full of paint put on top and the cylinder used as a stock

That guerrilla one also bucks the trend with the curved base which used to be exclusive to fibre wraps. It brings back some of the former advantage that fibres have over flat bottomed aluminiums with the ability to roll in your shoulder

joeslewis

Aug 24, 2015
If you opt for that cylinder then take care when filling and make sure anyone who fills for you knows what they are doing

It's easy to assume it's 4500psi as the base is not flat
OK,thanks will remember to do that If I get that which I will unless I can save up and find a used fibre for a reasonable price