Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gear Bag questionnaire

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
The best bags in my opinion are the split type where you have two separate bags that zip together to make one big one. This way you can take one half to the field with your playing kit and equipment in it and the other in to your hotel room without dragging all the mud and ****e from the field across the carpets of your accommodation.
Wheels are an issue on rough muddy or sandy surfaces, i.e. pretty much every paintball facility. Needs to be travel friendly. i.e. airline compliant, not too big or heavy that you are paying excess luggage charges all the time, iirc there used to be an Empire bag that weighed something like 14 Kg empty. Robust enough to stand up to abuse, especially from baggage handlers, my favourite Dye bag got so beat up that when you tried to wheel it anywhere it wanted to go in two separate directions and I had to pull out the original plastic base shell and replace it with plywood. The zippers and stitching need to be strong enough to hold up when t it bags are stuffed full of kit too.

Ideally I'd like to see a base that can be easily washed/hosed down and with a removable divider system so you can separate your dirty shoes, playing kit, pods, spares, goggles, and clean going home kit. A locking gun compartment would be a great feature for added security and to satisfy certain regulations (Germany comes to mind). With a top piece that securely zips to the base and has hidden straps that convert it to a backpack for taking up to your hotel room etc.

Probably the best example of this currently is the Eclipse Split Compact

Hope that helps.