Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gear

Phase'd

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2011
Staffordshire
A question that has been playing on my mind recently is, Does the gear a PB player have, effect his game play, and is it down to experience, or 50/50 with the gear they have, how good they actually are?

Do we need top notch paintball markers, masks and jerseys to play well or would you rather have someone, with a low end market marker, 2nd hand stuff but with a load more playing experience?

Just food for thought.

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
put it this way:

ollie lang in rental gear with an SLG will outplay me 1on1, even if i was kitted out with the latest C11 gear and NT.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
I reckon it doesnt matter who uses what as long as they're comfortable and having fun.

However, safety is always key and just cannot be scrimped on imo.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
the only time gear will have an effect on a player is if its NEGATIVELY impacting on the game. so that is to say if your gun is jamming and leaking, firing inconsistently, your hopper is breaking loads of paint etc etc.

if you have a set of kit that is working fine (not it does not have to be expensive) you stand just as much a chance as anyone out there with the best gear. obviously having the best just makes things ever so slightly more hassle free

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Experience will win out over a new kid with all the **** hot gear of the day. No good having it if you haven't a blue clue which way to point the damned thing....

Splats

Eclipse Geo2
Nov 5, 2010
Hungerford
Indian or the Arrow? Golfer or the Club? I'll take experience over technology any day (see post "What do you mean my Axe is broken?) BUT electronic guns do react quicker than mechanical guns and I would prefer to have an electronic gun.

And there are style points as well. You gotta look cool when you play. That has to be worth a kill. Right?

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
I think it has more to do with being "reliable" gear. We use Planet Eclipse and always will because we all know that 99.99% of the time, our markers work and shoot whatever paint we throw at them. For that reason, we always will shoot Planet.............and I will be buried with one, ready for afterlife balling; where run throughs happen in every game, bikini clad angels pot up for you and you receive "Coming to America" style baths after each day's play. I digress.......

Using the best gear you can gives you the edge without a doubt - mentally as well. And in paintball, you need every edge you can get ;)