Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 54 39.4%
  • Green

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • BNP

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters
Love to know why people voting Lib Dem are doing so. The space cadets whom run the party are so far outstide the boundries of reality, they should run the Greek Economy (probably what they'd leave us with though).
You must be pretty happy that very few people followed through with the Clegg effect..

In England Labour supporters protest voting Lib Dem, only splits the 2nd and 3rd party votes. In a first past the post system like we have, this has the effect of increasing Conservative majorities. It will only work well in areas of massive Labour popularity and possibly Wales (I see the SNP being a big winner in Scotland). If this is their election plan, you could end up with regional polarisation of votes and England might well be asking for devolution!!!
Devolution is probably going to be the next political scandal to be brushed under the carpet.

Currently we have Welsh and Scottish MPs voting on Welsh Scottish and English issues.
But English MPs can only vote on English Issues.

Its rather gauling for an english student to know that the same Scottish MPs who voted against tuition fees in Scotland voted for them in England.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
So it's all your fault
Yes.

I also arranged for inadeqaute supplies of ballot papers, and ensured that the polling stations were not prepared for a large number of people to vote after 5.30, that is, after eveyone had finished work.

:)

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Its rather gauling for an english student to know that the same Scottish MPs who voted against tuition fees in Scotland voted for them in England.
There aren't words to describe how I feel about that. There just aren't.

In fact, my experience with university funding and tuition fees have just made me so frustrated that I feel that I shouldn't have even bothered, and that if a university education was such an importance to me then I should have left England for it.

As it's been said, Scotland have no tuition fees, and Wales universities would have readily paid me a grand each year (on top of the loan and grant that I already recieve), just for attending.

But nope. Instead I'm going to be stuck with 26k worth of debt. Possibly more, if they decide to raise tuition fees again, which is a whole other kettle of fish.
:)
Yay for me.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
i think the biggest problem was with people being late to show i.e 9:55

was a coupel cases of not enough ballot papers. and that shouldnt happen,
Really?

I mean, REALLY?

You honestly believe that people, who had already queued for three hours, were turned away because 'they turned up too late'?

Queues of up to 300 people should have just 'come earlier'?

REALLY?

They knew there was going to be a massive outcome. They knew how many new voters there were going to be, yet they made NO effort to actually prepare for it.

People turning up late. My arse.

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
Really?

I mean, REALLY?

You honestly believe that people, who had already queued for three hours, were turned away because 'they turned up too late'?

Queues of up to 300 people should have just 'come earlier'?

REALLY?

They knew there was going to be a massive outcome. They knew how many new voters there were going to be, yet they made NO effort to actually prepare for it.

People turning up late. My arse.
How's that hard to believe? Considering the ususal British attitude?
Considering they were open from 7am to 10pm (or 10.30 can't remember which). Then there is ample time. People finishing at 5.30 have loads of time before and normally don't start until 9 so there's 2 hours. And for those who work later there's always the first half of the day. There's no excuse. If they're so bothered about voting they would have gotten up earlier. I work 8am -6pm and still managed to get in before work. It took a whole 5 extra minutes out of my day, so yes, it is down to those people not being bothered until the last minute.