Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

General marker advise please

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
Hello people at planet eclipse.

I am after a new marker. I currently have an etek4 but I want something quieter. I have been looking at a 2nd hand geo 3 with iv core, the gtek and the etha. Had the etha before for a short period and thought it was a nice enough marker.

I play woodsball and looking at doing a tournament next year. I can't say I play around with settings that much so would I really benefit from a geo or gtek? I like the quieter sounding markers as I'm more of a sneaky player.

Any chance of some advice on what would best suit me?

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Hi @ckennedy

Well the Gtek is Quieter than the Etek and the Geo is quieter than the Gtek

Both guns are very easily maintained I would say if you can get a cheap enough Geo3 second hand I would do that as the Geo is better on brittle paint has LCD display as well as many other benifits

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks for the advice :) still a bit torn on what to go for :s

Are there any worth while mods I should take into consideration with them? I currently have a deadly wind carbon barrel to use on what ever I get next. But anything else?

systemx

Peace through superior firepower
Jul 3, 2011
London
Well sounds like you need a spool for a start as they are inherently quieter than a poppit due to the nature of their operation.

A Geo is a natural choice if you are a planet fan. With regard to upgrades you have a barrel system so a core IV bolt for the Geo, there are aftermarket boards available but I don't think there is a discernible performance increase for the money they are.

High performance o'rings for either marker if you believe the hype. Failing that just a proper tune up and play!!!

You can't go wrong with a Geo as you are stepping up from mid range markers to top end.

Last edited:

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
Thank you for the advice :) I have sold my etek 4 today so I'm now on the hunt for something else. Decisions decisions

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
Cool :) I think it's between the gtek and geo. Now just to make my mind up which :s need on by next weekend though so I need to be quick