Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Generic responses when you tell someone you play paintba..

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Bearing in mind that there are regular threads on how to encourage more paintballers, get sports recognition, even get in the Olympics etc ....... Should more thought be put into constructive responses and turning these into conversations that inform the people around you?

Reactions: Biscuit

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Very simple one "I didn't know it was a hobbie people had" <-- dear god the stupidity of people...
I didn't know that numerous hobbies existed until I met people who had those hobbies

What a total idiot i am - or is that ignorant?
Isn't the real idiot the one who criticises someone for not having heard of something before?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Got asked this today by a guy who plays golf, telling me that it's not exciting and I should get into golf to experience a real sport, rrrrrrriiiiiggggghhhhhttttt......
Isn't golf a real sport that's recognised by sport England and paintball (in its speedball guise) a tiny little sport that's unrecognized and desperately seeks recognition ?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I tend to get ... "so do you dress up in all the camo gear? are you a sniper?"

or.

"it's really expensive, how can you go that often? ...When I went for a birthday I spent £££" lol.
Considered letting them know how you can afford to play paintball by moving on from punter play to walkons (which can also be done as a rental)...?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I do try and convince people to give it a go, oddly I get a less positive response if I've played in the last week, mainly because I get big bruises.