Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Geo 3 or LV1?

King Partridge

May 1, 2015
I am considering the purchase of a Geo 3 or an LV1.
Can you guys give me some opinions of each so I can decide which to buy.
Thanks.

Reactions: Alansonit

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
I have used all three and I will be honest, you need to hold them in your hands to make a decision as the ergonomics will probably be the deciding factor. All three shot well and were easy enough to service. Geo 3 has a shorter stance than the LV1 and DM14. Of the three I prefer the LV1 (which I still own) but you may want to try a Geo 3.1 as it has the wider stance and I have not shot one of those.

Reactions: Alansonit

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
I was always a spool valve man and shot all the Geo's up to the 3 as well as DM9 through to DM14. Personally I preferred the stance on the Luxe and that is what I have as a sppol valve marker. The Luxe core is more involved than the DM14 core to service with the Geo being an absolute breeze (not tried the IV core). DM14 has bolt out back mechanism as does the Luxe with the Geo having a "knob" to turn but I only ever hand tightened it so it is only a second or so longer to remove the Geo drive train. I preferred the softness, quietness and stance of the Luxe so sold all my other spool valve markers and kept it. However, having shot an Ego 9 previously I was intrigued as to how the lever valve would change the LV1 as well as its reduction in sound signature. I like the ergonomics on the LV1 and when they had their recent price drop I bought one. I like them both. The LV1 feels bullet proof, is quiet enough and smooth enough for my liking and has better efficiency than the Luxe. Despite this I still love the overall smoothness of the Luxe so for me (personally) I currently own what I feel is the best poppet and spool valve marker at the moment. Others will disagree and rightly so as a marker is a very personal thing but I love how both these markers shoot and how they feel in your hands. If you prefer the ergonomics on the Geo or DM then fair play to you as they will serve you just as well in my opinion. Everyone wants advice beofre dropping a load of money on a marker and understandably so but they have come so far it is difficult to go wrong so you really need to bite the bullet and try them before making a decision. Ultimately, the "best" marker is the one that feels right to you and you feel confident playing with!

Reactions: King Partridge

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
In terms of servicing the quickest and easiest is the following order (easiest first) LV1, Geo, DM then Luxe. None of them ever gave me major issues but I always cleaned down after every game and lubed and checked for leaks the night before playing. Luxe has leaked the most with the DM behind but was always just an oring and a quick fix the night before then worked fine on game day so if your prepared to put the effort in they are fine. Geo never leaked and swapped the orings after a year and had zero issue. LV1 not old enough to comment (only a few cases through).
Although the luxe power core takes longer to service than the others the tool less eye covers save some time when your cleaning everything down at the end of the day as the eclipse eye covers require Allen keys so you get some time back then. The DM has an eye pipe which can crack and graze if the barrel is over tightened but does cover the eyes themselves. People either love or hate the eye pipe approach, never really bothered me and worked ok on my markers but I put on oring on the barrel to help me from over tightening it.
LV1 used only with Oil but used the Luxe with Sleek and Monkey Poo without issue. Used Dye Lube, eclipse grease and Hater sauce on the DM and Geo and I personally preferred the Hater Sauce.
Luxe has a manifold screw too soften bolt return and the Feather touch screw to soften the forward motion to handle brittle paint. The Geo has an adjustment to smooth out the shot (on the grip frame) and the LV1 has two adjustments for forward and backward stroke (similar to Luxe). The DM makes use of an LPR which you can adjust to soften the shot. As with anything, it is possible to adjust settings on all of these markers and proper screw up the shot quality and efficiency so if tinkering isn't your thing then you'll be pleased to know they all shot fine on stock settings to me. Luxe has rechargeable battery and the others take 9V.
Hope that helps

King Partridge

May 1, 2015
@Gaz #68 thank you for all of the advice all of your points are very helpful. I like the ergonomics of all of these guns and the maintenance is not a problem. So now its just finding one for the right price (y)

Reactions: Gaz #68