The Home Of European Paintball

Geo forgot how to Geo

Jos

Furious Paintball
Feb 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Hey guys,

This weird thing happened to me yesterday:

After airing up my Geo3, it didnt shoot. It only gave the puffing sound it sometimes does when your battery is running low.

Things I did to solve the problem:

- replace battery, three times with three different batteries
- replace MY bolt with another Geo3 bolt (including can and propshaft) to see if it had something to do with my bolt (that worked on another marker)
- replace MY regulator with another Geo3 regulator (that worked on another marker)
- replace tank with another tank (that worked on another marker)

This makes me thing it has something to do with the solenoid. If I de-gas the gun and turn the eyes off, I can hear the solenoid click just like it would click on the Tuesday before last Sunday, when it was still working properly.

The only thing I did between Tuesday and last Sunday, is lube the bolt, change 2 orings (the two on the can that are on the outside) and lube the regulator.

I have a final practice before the Millennium on Thursday in Belgium, it would be great to have it working before that time. Otherwise I will bring it to the PE guys on Thursday afternoon.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
You appear to have access to another GEO that is working based on your troubleshooting steps listed...

Did you take the battery from that and check in yours? If it fires it was the battery despite the 3 you used

Jos

Furious Paintball
Feb 28, 2010
The Netherlands
I purchased a 10 pack of Duracell Procells about 5 weeks ago and I used 2 batteries from this pack. Both worked perfectly fine. Next I tried 2 new batteries from the same pack and the same error occurs. I also tried a different A-brand battery from a teammate (new) and the same problem occurs.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I have used procell extensivelly and normally they are fine. I know PE recommend and supply Paintball Energy

but did you try a battery you know to have worked in another GEO then tried it in yours? Just following a process of elimination

Jos

Furious Paintball
Feb 28, 2010
The Netherlands
26. Also tried it with a higher and significantly lower dwell. Played with the little twist button on the triggerframe, no effects.